Power screwdriver suggestions

Tom Baugues

Ive been working on a project lately that has required a lot of pre-drilling then adding the screws into place. It sure would be nice to have a dedicated power screwdriver so that I don't have to keep changing the drill bit for the screw bit in my power drill. So I'm just wondering what everyone uses to drive screws with? Thought about just getting another identical drill that way I could use the same batteries.

Yup same here as what Brent has ,also there is a great high capacity battery for them that allows them to stand on their own.

If you dont like Milwaukee there is also the Bosch versions i have them too but prefer the Milwaukee.

Last edited:
I have the Bosch versions of those drivers and have been very happy with them as well. Bosch also has a 'straight line' driver in that range, but I prefer the pistol grip one.

I have the Bosch, after picking up the first (back when they were marked 10.8), picked up the others on closeout when the markings were changing. I know the Makita seems to go regulary on sale, and both appear to have more in the lines then when I started.

I'm another driver/drill set owner, but a second of the same drill is a good idea as well. A driver can be overkill if you need to not over torque a screw or only set it so tight, they are a little harder to control, but if you need to make sure one is screwed down tight, it does the job.

Milwaukee all the way. 1/2 inch chuck driver drill is fantastic. The little impact is a great tool. I use the impact on 2 inch screws on steel roofing and sideing jobs. The spare battery charges faster than I can run one down laying roofing. At work I have a maintenance crew of 15 some of the impacts are 8 years old and i have never replaced one. Batteries, yes.
I do not use them myself, but my guys love the cordless vac and the cordless sawzall too.