Germany here I came

Any Marines been to Frankfurt
I just got a job painting a mural on the walls of the NCOIC, I've been to South America and Korea , Japan but never to Europe.

I am awaiting on the design and wall size now.

Also if your in the Tampa St. Pete area, the new Veterans Artist association will be having there opening March 24th and I have been invited to show 4 of my painting.

lol....wait until you get off the plane and climb into some normal looking minivan then it's gets on the autobahn and suddenly your doing 110 mph...lol...ya there is van over there with my finger prints dig into the arm rest because I was gripping it so hard my arms hurt for the rest of the afternoon. What was really silly is we were in everyone's way. You may need a few days until you recover before you start painting...go you'll love it...lol

Congrats, Dave. My last USAF tour was at Ramstein, 1994-98. I didn't spend a great deal of time in or around Frankfurt (did most of my traipsing around Stuttgart) but if you find yourself in nearby Wiesbaden, be sure to have lunch at Walter's Futterkrippe. They make a tasty Frickedelle.

I have been to Germany once in 07 on a VERY brief company business.

We did get a day to sight see.

I went to the Christmas Village in downtown Goettingen - it was awesome.

I would LOVE to go to Germany on vacation some day.

Lucky you - I am happy that you get to do that trip - you will enjoy it.

There is a MARFOREUR in the Stuttgart area I believe. Or was. Not absolutely sure. If it's still there I think it is mainly an admin and support type command. Never been there in my 26 years. Never went to Europe in fact. Outside of that I think if you want to find Marines in Germany you'll have to go to the embassy in Berlin.

Congrats Dave and good luck. I spent 18 months there in 77-79 near Kaiserslautern. Loved it there. Made several trips to Frankfurt while I was there. Fascinating place, great people. Take some time to see some of the country. Ride the train, best way to get around. Trains don't go as fast as cars on the autobahn so you can see more from them. Have a great time.

Glad to hear all is falling into place for you. Sounds like a great project. But I got one question. You said the walls of the NCOIC. That means Non Commissioned Officer in Charge. It is a person, not a building or whatever. What are you going to be painting a mural on? Just my military curiosity going. Sorry if I'm being nitpicking but just wondering. Might you be meaning the Non Commissioned Officer and Enlisted Club?

Sounds like a nice opportunity Dave. It's a beautiful country, so I hope you get a chance to look around a bit. I highly recommend a tour along the old Roman road that runs south from Frankfurt area toward the Alps.

It the Old Roman road runs towards the Alps I might have to rent a Harley and take an extended tour of the country. :) I just hope it's more towards the spring time. But then again that's Turkey season LOL

If we're talking beer ... near the town of Wildflecken, near the old east/west German border, there is a monastery called Kloster Kreutzberg. In the 70s, Playboy named it one of the best beers in the world. I'm not a beer drinker but it sure tasted good to me.