Ever have one of those days?

It seems like I have had one of those MONTHS! View attachment 97826

Yeah, me too. I've been sick for most of this month. Had a couple passably good days last week, when Larry and his brother came down to deliver the walnut, but relapsed a day or so later and still have the bad cough, scratchy voice, and stiff and soreness. This is getting pretty aggravating, for sure!

Yeah, me too. I've been sick for most of this month. Had a couple passably good days last week, when Larry and his brother came down to deliver the walnut, but relapsed a day or so later and still have the bad cough, scratchy voice, and stiff and soreness. This is getting pretty aggravating, for sure!

too bad I cant get larry to deliver walnut to me

Only at school. Never in my life have I called it work, but it is beginning to become just a job. Students are doing great, just administration is getting goofy. Bill you are correct, my post you referred to has kept me sane!

I sure hear you! That is exactly where I was in my teaching career (30 years) when I took early retirement in 2009. The kids were fun, but I don't miss the administrative hassles at all.

Never taught school like some of you guys have or do. My hat is off to teachers. They never get enough credit for what they do in my book. But have I ever had one of those days? OH YEAH. Luckily things seem to correct themselves after a day or two. My biggest problem is forgetting where I put something. And to add to it sometimes I forget what I put there to lose in the first place. Not sure if that made any sense, but that's how it goes. :eek:

I sure hear you! That is exactly where I was in my teaching career (30 years) when I took early retirement in 2009. The kids were fun, but I don't miss the administrative hassles at all.

Interesting Wayne, that is where I am this year, 30 years teaching. I am 54 years old, next year I qualify for early retirement but don't know how to cover insurance costs. Feel free to pm me with any information.

I just trying to get my mind wrapped around the work load. Jarrod is the spay guy now and I'm the office guy, I have never been much for a desk worker , In fact I hate it but I've had enough of the spray booth. We have over 150 pieces of furniture to get done and the work is organized good as to who dose what.
Then Jarrod hit me with , Dad I think we need a ware hose. I told him lets see how this latest explosion of work load works out over the next few months. My guys Jarrod and I have trained over the last two years are exceptional at their skills so no worries there. They are even stepping up into each others fields of expertise. One wants to take to the spray booth which I think is great. But that means another new guy while we train Vick on the finer points , he's a smart kid with skills.
Now if that happens and we keep growing I can see me getting out at 65 in a year and a half. Shelly said at the beginning of this school year I think I am done after this year. which is 35 years for her and she will be 59.
So today is hump day I figure the worst is over for the week and smooth sailing, but in this business change is the next phone call or person who walks through the door.