happy thanksgiving to all

May all have a safe and happy day tomorrow. No turkey here. Gonna start smoking the briskets in the morning. Then off to my sister's house after the beef's ready. This is Texas after all. Brisket on Thanksgiving, ribeye steaks on Christmas.

May all have a safe and happy day tomorrow. No turkey here. Gonna start smoking the briskets in the morning. Then off to my sister's house after the beef's ready. This is Texas after all. Brisket on Thanksgiving, ribeye steaks on Christmas.

Yep smoker here too, doing smoked turkey got hooked on it last year, gonna be a standard around here...so happy Thanks Giving to all....might sneak in a rack of baby back ribs has a side ...hehehe

While we all are being thankful for all things, Let us remember also to be thankful in all circumstances. We will all be much happier people and so will all the people around us. What a gift to give, especially this year.

Enjoy your meal guys and gals. Don't eat yourself in a stupor. Leftovers taste good, too.

A side note. Held our Thanksgiving service this evening with pie afterwards and no one, not one person, brought pumpkin pie. I was crushed. I LOVE pumpkin pie.

Pumpkin pie is a must, isn't it Carol? That's one of the conditions I put on me smoking the briskets. My sister has to make homemade pumpkin pie. Real whipped cream. And, yeah leftovers are good. Nothing wrong with smoked turkey, Mark. Done some of them myself. But this Texan must have beef on certain special days. Got 'em going now as a matter of fact.

I have my wifes cousin in from Houston, but now that shes here, Id rather be with you guys having bbq brisket.

No turkey this year. It's gonna be ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and blueberry cobbler for dessert. Just the wife and me. We were supposed to go to my sister's (along with her five kids, their spouses, and nine grandchildren - can you say chaos?) but since we're both still less than completely well, we decided not to expose everyone to whatever this crud is, and spend the day (quietly and peacefully) at home.

I'll probably be having lasagna, as it's not Thanksgiving here, and neither my brother nor my daughter invited me (*sob*).* I hope you all have a great day and are too stuffed to move after dinner.

*It's OK, my Ontario son and daughter and their partners got the invite to my daughter's. Being her, she's probably planning something spectacular for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving all. :wave: Spent the day at my sister's with my family and her husband's family as we've done for the past 25 or so years. We then headed over to my wife's family, which is normally the next day, but worked it in today and gorged ourselves again.

It was a very nice gathering of what's left of the clan. My smoked briskets, my sister's homemade pumpkin pies, homegrown green beans, smashed taters, dressing, gravy, stuffed celery, and other tasty condiments. Even my cousin was civilized for a change! All in all a great time and was enjoyed by all.