I finally finished most of it.

Tom Bussey

I saw a cabinet under the floor standing drill press and I though it was a good idea so I started one may be 4 years ago. I had the case finished for at least that long.

I bough another metal lathe metal and the only place it would go is to move the drill press. And in doing so I moved it quite a ways from where I hap-hazardly stored my drill bits and so on. I have found that over the course of tine, 50 years, ( I'm a slow learner) that if it has a home it will get put away. An example if drill bits are at the drill press they will be easier to find than on a shelf half a shop away and more than likely to also get put away.

I knew I had some drawer slides tucked away and low and behold I had 5 of the six I needed of the correct length so I start finishing the cabinet. Bought another while I was out on Black Friday.The knobs a friend of mine gave me a box of the ones shown. The wouldn't have been my first choice but they were free and made the drawer usable. I would like to put on false fronts on the drawers and finish the project but I probable will never get back to it. anyway pictures.

DSC02914.jpg DSC02915.jpg

PS: know I have the drill bits in the top two drawers where they should be and slowly trying to figure out what to put in the rest.

Looks great Tom! I've got a few cabinets that need some drawers. More drawers and storage is always nice!

Nice job. Been looking at a cabinet like that myself. I have the plans tucked away somewhere that were published in Woodsmith a few years ago.