Just Noodling Around

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy (and bandmate) Drummer Donnie records aerial video with a drone. He asked my to come up with some short pieces of soundtrack material for him to use on some of his demo videos. These four audio tracks are what I came up with last night off the top of my head. I'd suggest listening with good stereo speakers or headphones. The first two are just different lead parts recorded over synth chords. And you might want to watch the volume on the fourth one.

These were all done with a Fender Stratocaster running into my Fractal Axe-Fx amp and effects modeler. The first two were done by layering two tracks (chords and lead), but the last two are just a single guitar straight out of the Fractal rig.

Ambient 1
Ambient 2
Ambient 3
Ambient 4

I'll probably be doing some more of these types of things for Donnie, and I told him today if he can give me an idea of the types of moods he's trying to create, I can probably tailor things to better fit the videos. :guitar:

Nice! Did you do all of the pads with your guitar synth as well? Very ethereal.....

It's all from the Fractal, using the somewhat limited synth capabilities of the Fractal. Although I multi-tracked the first two soundbites, I can do those two live, running the synth tones with the foot controller and playing the guitar leads across them in real time. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into our show.)

I also want to try doing some stuff that's a combination of guitars through the Fractal mixed with the Roland synth. The Roland offers a lot of possibilities that the Fractal doesn't, and vice versa.