Ouch...Dangit!

I am thinking the 6 Million Dollar Man.

"Vaughn McMillan, guitar player. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Vaughn McMillan will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

i pulled something like that with father mike when he got his knees replaced. called him the bionic priest, we can rebuild him, stronger, faster, holier.... lol

Hope all goes well for you on your recovery Vaughn. It's amazing that they can simply screw the bones back together like that. I had a plate and eleven screws put in my ankle from my wreck this past spring. It gets better. Let time be your friend and allow yourself to heal.

Apologies to those who've seen this on Facebook, but I got the staples in my elbow removed Thursday. Everything is healing as good as or better than expected. The doc replaced the splint and bandages with a hinged brace, aka the Bionic Arm. He also gave me orders to start flexing it gently to start rebuilding the range of motion and strength in the left arm. I'm still dealing with a lot of swelling and bruising of my left hand, but that should get better pretty quickly. For now they have the hand wrapped to compress the swelling.

Here's a pic of the new exoskeleton:

Brace 1024.jpg

And here's my new internal hardware:

Plate and Screws 1024.jpg

Considering I didn't end up in a cast (even though I was expecting one), it looks like I should be able to get back on the guitar any other two-handed stuff sooner than expected. Still a lot of ground to cover, but things are moving in the right direction at a reasonable speed. :thumb:

Just catching up I saw this post Vaughn, I hope it heals well and quick. My obvious recommendation, once everything is over do not skip the rehab sessions, or you may loose some freedom of movement.

Wow Vaughn that elbow sure got busted up. Glad to see it moving on up the repair curve.

Physio is a no pain no gain scene in my experience.

Interesting observation, one can see how they pre-drill the holes for the self tapping screws in that X-ray.

Last edited: