Pet Gate - in process

Leo Voisine

I have been thinking about making a pet gate for a while. More than 10 years.

niki.JPGChewey 12-27-02.jpg

Well, My Niki and Chewey both passed and there was no longer a need. My Niki (American Eskimo) still brings me to my knees in tears and sobbing. It is with great pleasure that we are blessed with these friends, even if for too short a time. Niki had the most gentle and loving personality - EVERYBODY - loved her.

So now, I have 2 new babies. Chip and Dale.

Chip N Dale.jpg

NOW - the pet gate is to keep them out of the bedrooms. If I had MY way - they would sleep in bed with us, BUT, I cannot have it MY way - so I need a gate.

Pet Gate-1.jpg

It's a ways from being done, but I am done for this weekend and the next couple of weekends are family gatherings.

I am going to make "something" for the window, but I don't know what yet.

The wood is from a tree I had cut down a couple of years ago and had cut into boards. They were stickered and dried for a few years. I dyed the window frame and braces with Black Transtint - the boards are v-grooved and splined.

I have not yet put and finish coating. I will do Satin Poly.

I had Friday off, and it was a low key quiet 4 day weekend. Some family gathering, but I got some nice quality shop time.

Great looking pups and gate, Leo!!!

Have you thought about putting a piece of glass or acrylic in the "window"? Pups could see through without being able to get through.