Nearly the end of this Friday

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
and no Friday thread comments.

Mum's the word on New Year's celebration for this bunch, huh?

I'm hunkering in. It's cold and rainy here and as you well know, I am a cold weather wuss. I did use the new crane on my lumber rack yesterday to get propane bottles on and off the truck. Taking some down time form the day job (though I am working this Sunday). Made ham and bean soup. Of course. It's soup weather out there.

Today was a fast start right out of the gate. Forgot it was Friday till the guys we're getting ready to leave , etting the end of the week clean up then payroll hit me .......it's Friday.
Thanks again Carol for you guidance this evening.
Working tomorrow morning. More or less had to because of calls to brng in work.
No idea what tomorrow evening hold.
Happy New Year all.

Been a busy day. Sanded down and re-assembled my old cajon that I made a while back and had salvaged parts from it for another project. My nephews are visiting this weekend, and I'm planning to give it to them as they used their dad's quite often. The oldest got a new rifle for xmas, so planning to take him and his brothers to the range tomorrow to break it in (and have a little fun ourselves). I found that I can print lithopanes with the 3d printer, so going to do some tests of that this weekend, just waiting on some new filament to arrive of the right color (white, actually pearl white). We're doing the usual new years celebration with friends, then probably spending time with the in-laws again Sunday. May do a crock pot of chicken and noodles to enjoy (http://www.food.com/recipe/crockpot-chicken-noodles-495292), I did them about a month ago and they were a big hit.

Dan, I almost made Zuppa Toscana tonight, now I'm craving it again. ;)

Our boys have gone back and it's a quiet weekend resting up from all of the feasting!
I'll take advantage of a nice day today to put in some firewood and do a few outside jobs around the farm. Getting some little repair and project jobs done in the shop too, which is very nice.
Happy New Year everyone :wave:

Enjoy the college football semi's. Go Bucks. Cooling off again so kinda hibernating. Ordered 26 mm bit for coin collection. Need it to put in Sagiwejac coin. Making eagle display of state quarters for each grandkid. I like them and makes neat display.
Happy New Year to each and all. Stay safe and warm. May the new year but healthy and prosperous to all.
And all projects be true and square.
David

Should finish up the piping for the DC system today (pics to follow).

First new year's in the eastern time zone in 25 years. We used to be able to watch the ball drop at 10PM and then turn in. Not so this year. I might have to take a nap after dinner so I can stay up and sip a little champagne with Jan at midnight.

It's Saturday already... spent yesterday cleaning the shop, burning all the sawdust that was piled 3 feet high behind the lathe, swept and vacuumed until it was almost clean. This was first burn permit I've been able to get since about June. Still have a 6' brush pile to burn, but it's 25 degrees today (and like Carol, I'm a cold weather wuss too.) and we have a bunch of college football playoffs to watch. Plus it's about to rain again.

Since I've been relegated to the office these days. Jarrod taken the spray booth away. Today is Lathe day for turning calls. Yahoooooooo.

I hate the office stuff but I'm a slow learner in that department but what I do is write , it just takes me a little longer to see what most see quickly.

I usually have to wait until Monday to figure out what I did over the weekend, but in this case and with many thanks to Dan some zuppa toscana will be on the menu. That means we will have to venture out for potatoes, sausage and heavy cream....and a loaf of pane toscano. Thankfully the garden is still producing gorgeous kale and there's plenty of thick sliced double smoked hickory bacon in the freezer. Yum It is soup weather for sure. Thanks Dan! Happy New Year everyone!!

We're laying low tonight and pretty much through the weekend. Definitely no parties this year, although I'll be up at midnight just like I am on any other night. I'm still dealing with a fair amount of pain in my arm, so my physical activity is real limited. To make things a bit more challenging, my sweet caretaker has been a bit under the weather herself, so we're both taking care of each other.

Y'all have a fun and safe New Years celebration out there!

Hmmm. Dun forgit what day yesterday was. Now it's Saturday and New Year's Eve and some of them thar firework thingies are going off out yonder. Nothing like folks celebrating to upset the doggies and my deer. Oh, well. Guess they got to do it sometime or the other. Hmmm. Anyway, everybody have a good and safe one.

I forgot all about Friday! It happens when one is retired!!!

Friday was kinda cool for these parts and I'm still recovering from a cold, so only spent a couple of hours in my shop. Did a bit more on a crosscut sled for my tablesaw.

Today (Saturday) I spent a fair amount of time cooking. Smoked some Swai filets this morning, then tossed in three slabs of pork spare ribs to smoke all afternoon to eat for dinner. Yum!

Sunday will be our usual routine of brunch and chillin' out a lot!