Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scaffolding?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scaffolding?

I saw a rolling scaffold in Rennie's shop thread. I have looked at them at HF, HD, & Lowe's. Thinking it might be essential with the house build. Comments. especially on quality?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

I've got this one from the home depot. It was invaluable when I was doing some painting and work around the inside of the house.

It folds up for easy storage. Way better than moving around a little step ladder ever couple of feet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46e8483c-d399-45c3-be0c-8f6076591a1b_1000.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	98060

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-4-ft-x-3-8-ft-x-2-ft-Portable-Rolling-Scaffold-500-lb-Load-Capacity-PS-48/100658408
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

used the yelo version for years, no problems with them but dont go to high with them. bakers
    Last edited by larry merlau; 01-02-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I rented the bakers scaffold like the one pictured in Brent's post for the shed build and it was great. Very strong and plenty of work surface and good for woking high up. However for working inside the house and shop at lower elevations - putting up the DC, lighting, painting - I got the lighter duty one shown in my build thread. It has two levels which works out great when working on the ceiling as one holds me and one holds the tools. It also folds up rather than disassembles. Much easier to store, lighter too which makes it easier to move. I got it on sale at Menard's for $79 and it is on sale at that price now. I'd highly recommend it for occasional use in a homeowner setting.

Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

This one is on sale at Northern, if you have any in your area. I'm about to go get one to help with my shed build this summer.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...JnYaAn7G8P8HAQ

The little on that Rennie pointed to at $79 at Menard's is $150 at Home Depot and $100 at Lowe's out here. The closest Menard's is in Kansas! Also look at Craiglist, but no dice in all of Southern California. Evidently people buy them and keep them. Harbor Freight has the one Brent referred to is ~$40 less that at the borgs. I will have to go take personal looks. I have time to make this decision. Thanks, guys.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Carol Reed

ted showed the one i have expeiernce with wouldnt go with anything less.. you cant afford a fall from being cheaper..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Reminding me of my aged fragile condition, huh, Larry? Thanks so much! You are right, of course.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot of height in the house. The outside will not be done by me. The panel contractor, the stucco guys, the roofers, and the solar guys can worry about that!

I plan to have drywall pro's do the inside. They can provide their own equipment.

Mostly this will be used by me for painting. I also have a Little Giant ladder and ramp to rest on another ladder or stairs from the ladder.
    ++++++

Carol Reed

Oh, heck! What do you need those for? There are so many ways of stacking kitchen chairs; they are quite versatile. Or, you can use my patent safe method of using a stepladder. Make sure the surface is flat and firm, tie the ladder off to something if possible, and get someone else to go up it.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

I had to take the wife to the hospital after she put some books on top of a cheap wire frame chair to change a light bulb. I told her to put a bowling pin on top next time and join the circus. Had an impacted fracture of both the ulna and radius. Guess the ladder was to far away in the pole barn.
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)