Scaffolding?

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I saw a rolling scaffold in Rennie's shop thread. I have looked at them at HF, HD, & Lowe's. Thinking it might be essential with the house build. Comments. especially on quality?

I rented the bakers scaffold like the one pictured in Brent's post for the shed build and it was great. Very strong and plenty of work surface and good for woking high up. However for working inside the house and shop at lower elevations - putting up the DC, lighting, painting - I got the lighter duty one shown in my build thread. It has two levels which works out great when working on the ceiling as one holds me and one holds the tools. It also folds up rather than disassembles. Much easier to store, lighter too which makes it easier to move. I got it on sale at Menard's for $79 and it is on sale at that price now. I'd highly recommend it for occasional use in a homeowner setting.

scaf48.jpg

The little on that Rennie pointed to at $79 at Menard's is $150 at Home Depot and $100 at Lowe's out here. The closest Menard's is in Kansas! Also look at Craiglist, but no dice in all of Southern California. Evidently people buy them and keep them. Harbor Freight has the one Brent referred to is ~$40 less that at the borgs. I will have to go take personal looks. I have time to make this decision. Thanks, guys.

Reminding me of my aged fragile condition, huh, Larry? Thanks so much! You are right, of course.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot of height in the house. The outside will not be done by me. The panel contractor, the stucco guys, the roofers, and the solar guys can worry about that!

I plan to have drywall pro's do the inside. They can provide their own equipment.

Mostly this will be used by me for painting. I also have a Little Giant ladder and ramp to rest on another ladder or stairs from the ladder.

Thanks, Chuck. I already have both of them. Craigslist provided the work plank. I've had the platforms for so long I can't remember getting them, but they sure are handy especially for we shorter folks.

Oh, heck! What do you need those for? There are so many ways of stacking kitchen chairs; they are quite versatile. Or, you can use my patent safe method of using a stepladder. Make sure the surface is flat and firm, tie the ladder off to something if possible, and get someone else to go up it. :p

I had to take the wife to the hospital after she put some books on top of a cheap wire frame chair to change a light bulb. I told her to put a bowling pin on top next time and join the circus. Had an impacted fracture of both the ulna and radius. Guess the ladder was to far away in the pole barn.

I had to take the wife to the hospital after she put some books on top of a cheap wire frame chair to change a light bulb. I told her to put a bowling pin on top next time and join the circus. Had an impacted fracture of both the ulna and radius. Guess the ladder was to far away in the pole barn.

I didn't know wives could change light bulbs.

Poor Carol we have hijacked her thread............Do youse guys know how many Yoopers it takes to change a light bulb? (my wife happens to be a Yooper) Answer: just 2. One holds on to da light bulb and da udder one drinks enough beer to make the room spin.

i thought paul new some kind of tool and die person or engineer of sorts.. i also thought he had a couple of kids that might be old enough and more agil???:)) hope she heals quick paul maybe that preacher lady will reed your story and get a quality tool instead of a light weight one!