Quick Project - Closet Belt Hanger

glenn bradley

I had yesterday off so I spent a few hours taking care of a Honey-Do. A full closet rebuild is on the horizon but, the "belt mess" became a priority. This might qualify as up-cycling since I am cannibalizing a tie rack (haven't had a suit and tie job for over a decade). I mill a couple of pieces of maple with a beveled face, a channel in the back and a row of holes.

Belt Hanger (1).jpgBelt Hanger (2).jpgBelt Hanger (3).jpgBelt Hanger (4).jpg
Belt Hanger (5).jpgBelt Hanger (6).jpgBelt Hanger (7).jpgBelt Hanger (8).jpg

Clever. I have one of those tie bars somewhere that I acquired because it looked too good to throw away. I think it came into my possession from cleaning after a renter. If I find it, I now have a purpose for it. Thanks.

:rofl: <- I was thinking the same, but great idea Glenn, looks good and handy.

I was just thinking that since leaving my last job I've not needed anything but jeans and polo's the last 7 years, will be hard to go back to the corporate world should I have to, and expensive having to re-purchase all of it again.

The drawer slide is a cool idea, Glenn. :thumb:

More than 2 belts???? What on earth for??? Black and brown does it all...

Same here, lol. My everyday belt is the same thick black leather one I've worn for 20+ years. (Heavy enough to support a multi-tool, or other things that might fit in a belt case or holster.) My "dress up" belt is reversible...black on one side and brown on the other. I've got all the bases covered. :D

Well, you can tell that my belt hangers were done 32 years ago. That's back before I knew what most of the tools I own now were for. Even the two belts at the bottom show my expertise; they are hanging on cup hooks.

Why all of the belts? Well, at 104 pounds a small shift in weight makes for a shift to a longer or shorter belt size. So I have belts of different lengths. Now you multiply that by belts for jeans and "rough" tasks and belts nice enough to wear to the grocery store and belts to wear with (yuch) suits and belts to wear with shorts in hot weather, etc. and you have a door full of belts.

Talk about high tech and beautiful things. You can tell that my skill at that time left me a tremendous amount of room to grow. Now, if I could just talk my body into growing...

Enjoy your laughter,
JimB

Attachments

• Belt Storage (2).jpg
    Belt Storage (2).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Belt Storage (1).jpg
    Belt Storage (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hmm, father and son both have too many belts. Could it be hereditary? I don't even want to tell you how many ties I had back when I wore a suit every day . . . except Friday; that was casual day . . . you could wear a sport coat. The company was Canadian and quite stuffy . . . tuxedos at hockey games and all that, eh?

Don't beat yourself up Jim, that is one functional and pretty belt holder. Getting those holes drilled the same angle on an even plane is not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination. My only problem with the two types of belt holders shown, I don't have that style of buckle on my belts. :huh: I just hang them over my mirror on my dresser. Heck, only two of them fit me now anyway!:eek::eek::rofl: