Got some putter time in the show last week...

Chuck Ellis

Just puttering, turned these 6 bowls, there are actually of them, but only photo'd these 6... One I did in Magnolia, and pretty sure this first picture is Magnolia... 0102171732b.jpg

These four are all spalted sycamore and range in size from about 7 1/2" diameter to 11 inches... and from about 2 1/2 inches tall to just over 5 inches.... part of the smaller ones were cored from the larger using my Woodcut coring tool.... don't remember which is from which blank and since I didn't photograph all 11.... 1118161743a.jpg0102171732c.jpg0102171733.jpg1118161742a.jpg

This last one is spalted poplar. 1118161742.jpg

They are essentially still raw, just one coat of sanding sealer... still need to be sanded by hand and another coat, then sanded again and several coats of wipe on poly.... hopefully will get some time this weekend to finish them.

Looks good, Chuck. :thumb: Is it just me, or are your cuts and sanding improving compared to what you were making a few years ago?

You don't know what you're missing, David!

Looks good, Chuck. :thumb: Is it just me, or are your cuts and sanding improving compared to what you were making a few years ago?
You don't know what you're missing, David!

I like to think so, I'm taking more time with the sanding and have learned a bit more about sharpening and have acquired a slow speed grinder + a CBN wheel which makes a world of difference....... thanks for noticing.