pandora setup?

larry merlau

ok old pc with xp on it, with puter external spkrs (Small desktop type) in basement, finished. it seems to play then stop and catch up with itself, sounds like flash player causing trouble.. i have no problem with shop setup running threw reciever and out of good old time real speakers.. but the better half wants more sound in basement what is my best and less expensive way to improve her tunes? never thought i would be posting in this forum? never say never huh:)

i have 2 decent speakers from a radio-cd player combo. how can i get the connected to the puter for the music to come threw? and how do i empty the cache of the garbage she has stashed in it?

well i have loaded the latest flash player and it worked good for maybe 30 mins now its fading in and out like it has lost the signal. it catches its breath and will play a little then have to wait again for more song to get here? when it coughs it goes to a new song.???? pandora free version

Last edited:
How are you getting your connection in the shop? Wifi? How far is it from your computer to the router? Sometimes the players just need to buffer.

I've got an old stereo in my shop with a couple of speakers attached to it. I run a cord from my computer using a 1/8" phono to RCA adapter cable to the aux in port on the stereo.

A cable like this https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMR-206...=1484612348&sr=8-1&keywords=1/8"+phono+to+RCA

bump, is there a way to connect stero spkrs to a computer?

If they are regular stereo speakers, you'll also need some type of amplifier between the speakers and the computer. Most common is a stereo receiver. Your typical "computer speakers" have little amplifiers built into each speaker, but normal home stereo speakers don't. If the speakers are part of a radio/CD player, then the amplifier is built into the player. If that's the case, the cable Brent linked to should work.

From the way you describe the music stopping and starting, it does sound like it might be a case of the cache memory being too small. It's not that it's too full, but just that there's not enough of it. (Unlike your browser cache, this kind of cache automatically gets emptied as new stuff gets loaded into it.) The only way I know of to increase it is to add more memory, which might not be worth the money and effort on an XP machine. Some of the other more tech-headed guys here might have some better ideas.

How are you getting your connection in the shop? Wifi? How far is it from your computer to the router? Sometimes the players just need to buffer.

I've got an old stereo in my shop with a couple of speakers attached to it. I run a cord from my computer using a 1/8" phono to RCA adapter cable to the aux in port on the stereo.

A cable like this https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMR-206...=1484612348&sr=8-1&keywords=1/8"+phono+to+RCA

in the shop i have a receiver like vaughn mentioned and a old xp machine but i dont get the pausing it runs well, direct line no wifi.
If they are regular stereo speakers, you'll also need some type of amplifier between the speakers and the computer. Most common is a stereo receiver. Your typical "computer speakers" have little amplifiers built into each speaker, but normal home stereo speakers don't. If the speakers are part of a radio/CD player, then the amplifier is built into the player. If that's the case, the cable Brent linked to should work.

From the way you describe the music stopping and starting, it does sound like it might be a case of the cache memory being too small. It's not that it's too full, but just that there's not enough of it. (Unlike your browser cache, this kind of cache automatically gets emptied as new stuff gets loaded into it.) The only way I know of to increase it is to add more memory, which might not be worth the money and effort on an XP machine. Some of the other more tech-headed guys here might have some better ideas.

i will have to check memory vaughn, but thanks for the info.. maybe i can find a small receiver somewhere