Friday the 13th

No plans for the weekend - maybe some shop time, maybe not.

We're riding the weather roller-coaster again. 64° yesterday, with just under 2" of rain, and today it's 29°, with black ice everywhere. Backyard pond was overflowing last night, and has a skimmer of ice on it (again) this morning. The whole yard is a frosty swamp.

Yep. That weather roller coaster keeps on going. Up and down. Down and up. We had two days of warmer weather and now it is dreary and cool. Not cold, just cool. 40's. At least the winds have died down for the day it seems. Had winds in the 30-40mph range for a couple of days or so. Not sure what I am going to get done in this dreary stuff but I am sure I can get some shop cleanup done if nothing else.

Looks like dry weather all weekend. Hooray!

Picking up some MDF and plywood today. I'll rip a 4x8 sheet of MDF into strips to use as baseboard in the shop. The plywood will be the base for the top of the back bench where the miter saw will sit. Also need to finish sealing all the joints in the DC system an attaching the last of the blast gates. Then clean and organize.

No plans for the weekend - maybe some shop time, maybe not.

We're riding the weather roller-coaster again. 64° yesterday, with just under 2" of rain, and today it's 29°, with black ice everywhere. Backyard pond was overflowing last night, and has a skimmer of ice on it (again) this morning. The whole yard is a frosty swamp.

Gotta love those sharp weather cycles Jim. Don't slip on the ice!
+10C here yesterday, sunny and soft again today, then heading for the deep freeze again tonight. All of last weekend's big dump of snow is gone and you can walk everywhere with ease.

Some outdoor cleanup and repair jobs today while things are thawed out. Then continuing with shop work and house repairs, interspersed with some desk work. Hoping to get a room-to-room fan installed to see if we can get more furnace heat out to the cold kitchen.
Have a great weekend:wave:

It's a long weekend for me, the institute is closed Monday. My wife has a girl's night tonight (maybe) tonight, we're supposed to get some freezing rain, some tonight, more Saturday night into Sunday, then backup to the 50's Monday. Might be time to clear out some of the freezer.

I've had more parts arrive for a new project, so will be starting on part of it this weekend (thread to come), and want to try doing the lithophanes again.

Raining here. Not complaining. We need it.

Have to get the oil changed in the car this morning, which means getting out on the rain slick roads in heavy commuter traffic to makemy appointment. Will be glad when I am back home. This weekend is all church work. Monday I hope to come up for air and then have to plunge right back in on Tuesday. Annual meeting coming up so budget has to be prepared. My annual report has to be written. Constitutional changes have to be presented. And all those highlights have to be rendered to a Power Point presentation.

No saw dust in sight for the duration. Meeting is on the 29th. Bet you thought preacher ladies only preached! :rolleyes:

And in between I am getting tax information together for the mortgage broker. Oh, joy.

Well, with 50°F this morning heading for near 80 this afternoon, it's gonna be a good Friday the 13th!

I'll mostly be working my 3D printer assembly but also need to mount my bat house on the end of our house.

The band has a show tonight at the Dragonhorn Tavern, one of our favorite local hangouts. My arm still isn't back in shape for playing yet, so the boys will be playing as a 3-piece tonight without me. (They were playing as a 3-piece when I joined the band, so it's nothing new for them. The songs sound a bit different in the all-acoustic form, though.) Instead of playing, I'll be running sound and being a general nuisance. (I'm the designated heckler, lol.) I usually run the sound system from on stage, but tonight I get to be out in the audience where I can hear things better. Our "mixing board" is a wireless Android tablet, so I can wander around the venue and adjust things from anywhere in the room. :thumb:

No firm plans for the rest of the weekend, although I do intend to hook up my guitar rig (which has been idle since before I broke my arm) so I can start working on getting my playing chops back into shape. We have an important show next weekend in Angel Fire NM (a ski resort in the northern part of the state), and I intend to play at that one, even if it's on a limited basis. There will be people there from other resorts checking us out, so we really want to let them see the "real" band, not just the acoustic version. ;)

Weather here has been mild, although it looks like things are going to get a bit wetter this weekend. Last weekend my nephew helped me install my new weather station, so now I'm part of Weather Underground. You can see what's happening in my neck of the woods here:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNMALBUQ459#history

Have a great weekend all!

Old saying in New Hampshire " If you don't like the weather, wait a minute". (I'm sure the saying is good for any state).
Yesterday it was 55 degrees today it's 30 and tomorrow it will be in the teens. At least the warmer temps melted the snow and ice off my driveway.

Not much going on around here. I've been busy with the Lions club and the Church plus I've just submitted my application to the Shriners.

In preparation for selling the house by next summer I've got a lot of painting and updating to do. I'm working on a design for making new kitchen cabinets. Never attempted them before so it should be interesting.

Last weekend my nephew helped me install my new weather station, so now I'm part of Weather Underground. You can see what's happening in my neck of the woods here:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNMALBUQ459#history

Awesome!

If anybody ever wants to see my weather, feel free to check me out at:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNVRENO31

Or alternatively

http://www.palominovalleyweather.com/index.html

Here in the backwoods of Tennessee we use an old fashion weather station... a rock on a string...
if it's swing around - it windy
if it's wet - it raining
if it's hot - sunny and warm
if it's covered with some white stuff - it's snowing

:D:D

(I know, I'm a wise acre (spelled with 2 esses))

Friday took Shelly our for a Bug ride , visited my son and granddaughter, she started walking.
Saturday shop time turning Snakewood, church today , then back to the shop turn snakewood again. I can turn 5 spalted maple calls in 2/3s the time it takes to turn 1 snakewood.
Tomorrow the 16th Shelly and I will be married 35 years.