Unexpected Gloat

Call Laguna. They'll make the Resaw King in any length you want, in either ¾" or 1"

The Timberwolf blade is a good one, but won't last nearly so long as the Laguna or Lenox carbide tipped blades. The carbides are definitely expensive, but I've found them worthwhile.

I wondered if Laguna offered custom lengths. Good to know. I really do like the looks of the carbide blades but I'd read that Timberwolf blades are good value and it won't hurt in the least to have a general purpose blade to start with.

Looks to me like our picture police are asleep at the wheel. No pics never happened ;)

Nothing to exciting to photograph yet. Once my mobile base arrives (it's transiting through Louisville now) I'll put up a post-assembly picture or two.

I wondered if Laguna offered custom lengths. Good to know. I really do like the looks of the carbide blades but I'd read that Timberwolf blades are good value and it won't hurt in the least to have a general purpose blade to start with...

If you want to do a lot of resawing for veneers, etc. - or just thinner than usual wood pieces - take a look at Highland Woodworking's "Wood Slicer" blade. It does a really good job, but does also wear out fairly quickly - like after just a couple hundred feet of wider hardwoods. At ~$40.00, though, it's way cheaper than the Laguna or Lenox blades. I've used a lot of Timberwolf blades on my smaller (14") bandsaw, and they're good, too.

Holy cow, I like this saw so far. Just got done with final setup and tuning and made some test cuts. Of course, I had to square the table to the blade and the fence to the table but I didn't have to adjust the fence for drift at all. Laguna posted on image on Facebook yesterday showing them taking a 1/32" slice off a piece of walnut. I had to try it. I just happened to have a scrap of walnut about 2" wide and took a slice off the face. Bingo. 1/32nd of an inch. I do need a better blade, so I think a Resaw King is in my future.