New Battery Cover

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
We've got a Roku4 player in our bedroom, and about the first week we had it, the remote got dropped and broke the little tab off that holds the battery cover on. As I was heading out to the shop I saw it laying there, so grabbed the old cover and took it with me.

I had planned to measure and draw up a new one to print out on the 3d printer. I got up to the shop and did a quick search, and sure enough, someone had already done the work for me. I was getting ready to print out some other parts, so went ahead and put the battery cover on the table as well to do a test print and see how it works. An hour and a half later...
2017-01-23 19.34.03.jpg

I didn't quite get a support under the front edge of the little tab, so I had to do a little filing there and use the 3d pen to add a little extra something to file down, but works great. I'll be redoing the support and reprinting (at a higher resolution), maybe in glow-in-the-dark filament since my wife uses that remote often with the lights off.

Hah shows that its a common defect . lol

My first thoughts reading your initial sentences were mmmmm before you go draw that up Darren, work on getting a scanner.
Next thing, good old Internet solved your problem.

Its amazing what is out there. To think if you consider how long these printers have been around we still in the infancy of this technology evolving. Where will we be in 5 years from now.

I am so in awe of this technology.

Thanks for posting Darren appreciate you doing it.