My hero, Dave Richards!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Didn't get to the home show today because my knees hurt. We have been having frost warnings and my knees do not fare well in those temps. So, I decided to get some computer work done.

And Murphy is alive and well and in good form. If it could go wrong today, it did. Lost my notes on my phone. Nothing else, just my notes. Retrieved what I could from the last backup.

Next up were three SketchUp drawings for some small parts for various things. Needed to export to dxf and stl files. Used to have a plug-in for version 15 that worked nicely. Not on 16 though. Found another and had problems downloading and then uploading to Sketch-Up. Hours later and with numerous emails back and forth, Dave shed enough light in my dim brain and things are now working as they should.

We have the very best people here on this forum. Hands down. No question.

Thanks, Dave. You are the best. I just had to toot your horn.

Many times over the past few weeks as I've been using Sketchup to design things to be 3d printed, I've searched for techniques and have come across things written by Dave that have helped me.

I wonder how many times Dave has helped people and he's not even aware of it? Thanks Dave!

I'm a 2d man, adobe illustrator is my app of choice, make my living with it, but totally willing to venture into the 3D world, Dave for years has shown what's sketch up has to offer, too busy this weekend, but next??? Thanks Dave.....even a little early:)