3D Printer Recent Production

Bill Arnold

Staff member
The main things I've been printing are add-on for my Anet A8. I ran most of these over the weekend. Because of the length of time on each one, I could start a run then go inside and chill out for a few hours. OctoPrint allowed me to keep an eye on the printer from my recliner.

Frame stabilization parts that took a combined 15 hours to print.
100_1228.jpg

Y-axis belt tension adjuster.
100_1230.jpg

X-axis and Y-axis belt mounts. The factory options just aren't right.
100_1234.jpg

Corner supports for the glass I use on my heat bed. These will allow the glass to sit in place without binder clips
100_1235.jpg

Thumbwheels for bed leveling. One above the H-frame and one below. An M3 nut will press into each one. I'll drill out the threaded hole in the H-frame to allow the bolt to slip through.
100_1237.jpg

Filament reel hubs and end bushings. Bearings press into each end of the bolt and fit onto the threaded rod that came with the printer.
100_1229.jpg

I've saved these until today so I only have to take my printer down one time to make the changes.

:wave:

Nice. Did you do a tensioner for the X axis? I'd recommend it also, the one on my printer page that moves the idler pulley outside the frame.

Edit, that Y Belt attachment looks similar to the one I did, but the hole patterns weren't correct. I just ended up putting the originals back on and using them with the tensioner and they've worked.

I haven't done a tensioner for the X axis yet. I've been looking at them and kinda settled on the one you used. It'll be simple enough to add it since I don't have to disassemble the printer to make that modification.

The Y tensioner I printed fit everywhere - had to sand lightly on the sections that go through the front panel. The only problem I saw with this design is the nut and bolt area. It wants to spread when tightening the bolts, so I pushed it all the way into the frame (where it should be for starters anyway) so that area can't spread. Thinking back on it, I should have printed those parts solid, I suppose.

Bad on me - I didn't bother checking the Y axis belt attachment before I started this afternoon. It doesn't fit the hole pattern, so I'll come back to that when I can print again.

A question on the frame brace for the middle of the printer. The raised area offset from the centerline of the Y axis looks like it will interfere with the belt attachment. Of course, that will depend on what type of attachment I end up with. It looks like the factory clips will barely clear it. How is it on your printer?