Mozilla eliminates firefox.

Rennie's right. This has nothing to do with the browser. ;) Personally, I wouldn't miss it. Haven't used Firefox for years. I got tired of the memory leaks gobbling up my RAM. I'm sure it's long been fixed, but I'm happy with Chrome.

I use Firefox on my desktop and like it. Chrome's OK, too. But for whatever reason I liked Firefox better. But I don't think they are cutting the legs out from under the browser itself, just some of the development for using it on other devices. Seeing I don't use other devices it won't effect me, I don't think. If it does, I'll switch to Chrome. I don't have much use for IE.

I wouldn't miss it either. I generally liked FF and used it for years but it got to where darn near every update killed a couple of plugins I relied on. With zero sign of improvement, I switched to Chrome and never looked back.

About a year ago, I got fed up with Firefox and I never liked Chrome so I went looking for a replacement. I read a lot of reviews and decided to try Opera. It's based on the Chrome platform, but Google isn't tracking everything you do. It also comes with a built-in ad blocker that speeds up browsing. I tried it for a couple of months on my notebook then uploaded it on every computer in the house. I don't want to ever use anything else. On the address line there's a number that shows the number of ads being blocked at any one time. Right now it's 3. That's not too bad.

:huh::huh::dunno::dunno: Once in a great while perhaps, but in this case I don't remember saying anything. Maybe my advanced years are having a greater effect on my brain cells than I realized. :rofl:

You were right in saying it wasn't as dire as it may seem. ;)

... On the address line there's a number that shows the number of ads being blocked at any one time. Right now it's 3. That's not too bad.

I'm guessing those three ads were blocked from one or more sites you visited before you opened up the Family Woodworking site. There should be zero ads connected to this site. We periodically get offers to monetize the forum, and I take great pleasure in telling those guys where to put their ads. :D

having looked into this a bit more (as we use firefox browser for some things at work), they are turning loose the people who were working on firefox os, that would have been used on somewhat smart phones, and other such devices, not the browser.