Teak

steve ramsey

My wife has been wanting a shower stool and found one she liked in Teak. I've never worked with teak so I am curious about several aspects of the material.

How does it work?
How does it take glue?
I am planning on using a polyurethane glue and finishing it with an oil since it will be in a wet environment.

I've found a few sources thru an internet search. Any source recommendations would be appreciated.

Not an expert on teak but I'm guessing poly glue won't work. Try a good epoxy, not the stuff you get at Walmart. Clean the freshly cut surface with acetone and apply the epoxy. Clamp very lightly because it's possible to squeeze out too much epoxy.

Oil finish is fine.

Not an expert on teak but I'm guessing poly glue won't work. Try a good epoxy, not the stuff you get at Walmart. Clean the freshly cut surface with acetone and apply the epoxy. Clamp very lightly because it's possible to squeeze out too much epoxy.

Oil finish is fine.

That's what I'd do, too. For epoxy, I'd use System Three's T-88. Good stuff. Allows enough open time to get everything fitted up right. Impervious to nearly everything once it's cured.