Great ending to a very enjoyable weekend

Rob Keeble

Well I apologize to all the non NFL fans on our forum, but I could never let an event like last nights spectacular comeback go unnoticed or unmentioned. LOL ........GO PATS GO...

What a game.

I have to be honest, at half time i was cussing and thinking Pats did no show up to work.

This was my New Canadians first SB and introduction to the whole NA Football culture, so as part of the deal to take them into back country, they had to lay on the venue and eats for our SB party. Part of the influence was their new 65" HD Tv. Lol

Youngest son came home from school for the occasion and to do clear some other items off the list.

At half time Linda threw in towel and went home and in 3rd qtr just before come back so did i and youngest drove me home.

We get home (pretty short drive) and he puts tv on to see whats left of the game and the turnaround has taken place. Man talk about revival of spirits. We went from walking dead to jubilation. Lol

I cannot imagine, how Atlanta fans feel. So my heart goes out to all Atlanta fans, you guys played a stellar game and things bode well for you for next season with those incredible new defense players.

The day was not without its drama, youngest son had his Honda written off for him by some idiot that rear ended him at a red traffic light. This occurred on his way home. Now he has no wheels and given age of vehicle although fully insured, its going to be written off. This is where life gets to tech him a lesson that events are never all fair. The car after all we have done to it was worth more than what we know (Linda is a broker) we will get for it. Now even though we have fully comprehensive insurance and he is not at fault, he will be the biggest looser.

Hope those that watched the game enjoyed it.

LOL...well didn't really have a dog in this hunt, was hoping Dallas would have been there....Stupid WILDCARD...but the ones I feel for are the folks that turned it off TV wise in the end of the third quarter...beginning of the fourth thinking this game is over...lol...bet they had the shock of their life this morning or maybe during the late news...lol...so sad, they missed the best game, fortunately I had plenty of chips and dip to stuff in my open mouth..lol..because my jaws were dropped open pretty much the entire fourth quarter...lol...excellent game

on a side note - wonder how bad that guy that caught the holding penalty causing Atlanta field goal position feels...omg...he has to feel awful, of course it wasn't just him, but still it was a game changer. Atlanta learned the hard way, just because something has never been done (coming back from 25 points) doesn't mean it can't be done. You gotta believe ATL put it on autopilot thinking no way PATS can come back, instead of pushing like they did in the first three quarters...never count your chickens, just saying.

Last edited:
...never count your chickens, just saying.

Oh you can count them, just don't count the eggs as chickens!!:roll eyes: Yeah, as a non football/sports fan, it was a good game and enjoyed the sportsmanship at the first coin toss, shown to past president and past first lady as well as at the end from the losing team to the winning team.

I've never been able to become a 'fan' of any particular team, but I do like watching a good game. And by good game I mean where the last few minutes are a nail biter, and that filled the bill!

Rob and others, as I tried to state earlier, I also enjoyed the game even though I know nothing about football. I realize there are "plays" and "routes" and places for each person to go, but to me when that ball moves the people on both teams resemble a covey of quail breaking from the brush! I really wonder what the half time speech was to the winning team. Must have been quite the motivational speaker.

A direct quote from my earlier post, "Yeah, as a non football/sports fan, it was a good game and enjoyed the sportsmanship at the first coin toss, shown to past president and past first lady as well as at the end from the losing team to the winning team". This was meant to mean I was greatly impressed by the sportsmanship shown by the representatives of both teams to our past president and first lady when after the coin toss they took the time to shake their hands. In a time of the players lives that is most arguably their most important moment, they remembered and showed respect to Mr. and Mrs. Bush. Also at the end of the game there were players from the losing side shaking hands and congratulating members of the winning team. This to me is a demonstration of greatest respect. First and foremost, it is a GAME, the ability to play hard and then put aside the win or loss and congratulate each other as adults, truly wonderful in my book. So in the event my earlier post was interpreted incorrectly by you, hopefully this explanation sets the record straight.

Jonathan i fully understood where you were coming from and i too was delighted to see money and celebrity had no got in the way of human decency and respect both for elders and former Statesman and his spouse.