Friday has cought up on us again

Just another busy day in the shop. Guys are all heading out to a fire job pick up , Large and Lot's of items.
Tomorrow Shop work on Turkey calls and hopefully spend the day with Jon & Kira and Skyar Sunday.
We are supposed to have some awesome weather.

Off to the Hartville Hardware Spring (?) Open House. Lots of demos and vendors, and some good sales on both lumber and hardware (Cherry FAS for $2.69 bd ft, etc.).

Rest of the weekend, I dunno - weather's supposed to be really good, so maybe a tad of pond maintenance, and yard cleanup - and of course, some shop time.

Nothing special at the moment here. I did some log cutting the other day just before some cold rains and high winds moved in and my allergies and sinuses got all crudded up. A lot better but not quite up to snuff. It's supposed to be really nice today and tomorrow so I might just go sit out on the deck and take in some sun for a while and let that help finish this stuff off.

Supposed to get into the 60's here this weekend. Entertaining a grandson this weekend. Jan handles most of the supervision but I will be chauffeur and tag team relief. Some time on the shop for sure.

While you guys are enjoying nice weather, we are battening the hatches for what has been predicted as the biggest storm of the season. High winds and lots of rain today and tomorrow. Problem is the ground is saturated and all the reservoirs are full. So we can expect flooding. The last storm claimed two local lives. Hope we can get through this one without that. Bottom-line, I'll be hunkering in. Paperwork. HVAC engineer needs some more dimensions. Working on a workshop to offer my peers in early May at our annual gathering. Of course, the usual Sunday prep. And a pot of chili on the stove after I take the dog for a walk.

Still have some snow to deal with around the barn. We've had over a metre since last Friday, so it takes some time to clear that much away, in spite of having pretty good equipment.
Working in and on the shop. There's still some sticky toffee pudding, for which my wife plans to make another batch of her special sauce:thumb:

Ceremony at the local HS today dedicating a portable defibrillator in memory of my grandson. Setting up the plant stand to get some green things started. Only six weeks to average last frost. It will be 100 degrees begore we know it. Figuring out Tapatalk, since the computer is in for depot level maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we've got the grandson tonight and the rest of the weekend off/on. Tomorrow, I'm planning to do some outside work to get things ready for spring, starting a mass pruning party on about 25 shrubs.

I'm running some items on my 3d printer today along with cleaning up some pieces I ran on my CNC a while back. Also need to finish the layout of a new reel stand for my 3d printer and run it on my CNC. Blasphemy, huh?

Saturday will be about a half day in my shop doing whatever comes to mind.

Sunday should be our usual routine of brunch, then decide what to throw on the grill for dinner.

Actually, some of our weekend will be spent figuring out the functions of our new LG 70" TV with all kinds of smarts built in. LOML decided SHE wanted to replace the 55" LG. I didn't put up too much of an argument. She found the best price at Costco, so she and the neighbor lady drove to Tallahassee to take care of getting the TV ordered and do some other shopping.

Get to watch second grade granddaughter play "basketball" what a hoot. Good exercise but really funny to watch. Walk half way down the court. Then throw the ball to the other team. A learning experience for sure.
David

Well we got super weather coming our way tomorrow should create a fair melt of snow. Hope lake holds on to the ice though.

I have loads of office work to do to catch up on lost time from a visit i made last weekend and early week to Nova Scotia.
Was caught up in one of their N Easter storms. Put me back a day on visiting Peter Rideout but we managed to catch up on Tuesday and boy what a great day. Peter and Debbie cooked up a storm of great food. Had some of that delicious sticky toffee pudding he's talking about having this weekend. Man the sauce was delicious. Was a real great visit , got to feel his heated shop which is nice and toasty in the barn. When i get to download my pics i will post a pic of his barn, for me it was love at first sight when i saw it last summer.

Hope to try out my new toys in between office work.
Monday we have the annual huge Canadian Auto show downtown Toronto. Youngest son and i are going down to look for a new car for him see what deals there are.

Dang Peter, that's a bit much snow for my tastes. We're heading on 70 days of snow on the ground which beats the last record of 29 by just a wee bit but we've only had maybe 6' total with some thaws in-between so barely 3' at any one point.

Headed out to Astoria OR for the day to go to"The Festival of the Dark Arts" dark beer festival at Fort George Brewing. The coast was surprisingly clear and sunny for this time of the year. Hotel is about a mile so easy walking distance.

Mondays a holiday so should hopefully be able to get my new heater wired up and give it a go. Might actually get something useful done although that seems a smidge optimistic.

Well we got super weather coming our way tomorrow should create a fair melt of snow. Hope lake holds on to the ice though.

I have loads of office work to do to catch up on lost time from a visit i made last weekend and early week to Nova Scotia.
Was caught up in one of their N Easter storms. Put me back a day on visiting Peter Rideout but we managed to catch up on Tuesday and boy what a great day. Peter and Debbie cooked up a storm of great food. Had some of that delicious sticky toffee pudding he's talking about having this weekend. Man the sauce was delicious. Was a real great visit , got to feel his heated shop which is nice and toasty in the barn. When i get to download my pics i will post a pic of his barn, for me it was love at first sight when i saw it last summer.

Hope to try out my new toys in between office work.
Monday we have the annual huge Canadian Auto show downtown Toronto. Youngest son and i are going down to look for a new car for him see what deals there are.

You should've had the second helping of pudding Rob.
Thanks for the visit and I hope we'll see you folks again soon. The rosts (sp?) are going well with my morning coffee!

Dang Peter, that's a bit much snow for my tastes. We're heading on 70 days of snow on the ground which beats the last record of 29 by just a wee bit but we've only had maybe 6' total with some thaws in-between so barely 3' at any one point.

Headed out to Astoria OR for the day to go to"The Festival of the Dark Arts" dark beer festival at Fort George Brewing. The coast was surprisingly clear and sunny for this time of the year. Hotel is about a mile so easy walking distance.

Mondays a holiday so should hopefully be able to get my new heater wired up and give it a go. Might actually get something useful done although that seems a smidge optimistic.

Well, I'm not one to complain about a little winter weather, Ryan. But it's a bit of an adjustment, since 8 days ago there wasn't a trace of snow and now we've had the unlikely recurrence of the Week of the Three Storms with an official total of 115cm of snow. My old Farmall is earning her keep!

Well, I'm not one to complain about a little winter weather, Ryan. But it's a bit of an adjustment, since 8 days ago there wasn't a trace of snow and now we've had the unlikely recurrence of the Week of the Three Storms with an official total of 115cm of snow. My old Farmall is earning her keep!

Me either... Usually... But this year has been a bit much. One of the guys at work has talked for years about moving North to someplace snowy and after this year he said "well that puts paid to that I'm sure not moving where we get snow like this every year".. I had to kind of chuckle a bit as I've had worse but it's been a while and ain't really used to it anymore (not to mention the area services are really not up to this sort of unusual event, nor are the houses... The roofers will be doing very well come spring).

Give the old Farmall a part on the hood and a quart of oil for me ;). I've been moving it all by hand and after the first two or three tons it's a bit less interesting.

No big plans for this weekend. I'll just be handing a few chores around the house and errands around town, tweaking some guitar gear (new beta firmware to try out in my guitar "amp"), playing/practicing a bit, and being a general bum. :)

Dang Peter, that's a bit much snow for my tastes...

Keep in mind that Peter was referring to snow depths in metric units. According to my calculations, 115 centimeters (er...centimetres, eh?) is only about 4 or 5 pseudo-fortnights.

Keep in mind that Peter was referring to snow depths in metric units. According to my calculations, 115 centimeters (er...centimetres, eh?) is only about 4 or 5 pseudo-fortnights.

Can you translate that into stone per cubic cubit so those of us still using real units of measure can know what we're talking about?

Last edited:
Can you translate that into stone per cubic cubit so those of us still using real units of measure can know what we're talking about?

Dunno about the stone part, but Siri says our snowfall was just over 2.5 cubits. You might have to divide that by Pi to get linear acres.:D

It's funny how comfortable we are with the every day aspects of the metric system, except in woodworking.