Had a litle melt down today

I'm just wondering how the say this, I've been in the office for about 3-4 months now it's starting to drive me crazy. Today working on the computer trying to figure out some advertising, working with SEO company I kinda lost it today. Got confused which then got me frustrated. Need someone to do thesecretary thing wth that my son wants to do. He is a future of the company. I don't know if any of you have worked through this stage of life. The something on you to deal with.
So after everyone had gone home i broke out the 2000 gr wet sanding pad. On the old walnut chest. Then applied a coat of oil. Just needed to do something.

dave you need to let go of the controls if jarrod can handle it.. take the pressure off your self and let another pick it up.. as we get older our patience levels change..and you need to enjoy what you have built rather than maintain it all the time

I think a lot of us have had that meltdown at one time or another. As far as my woodturning business, such as it is goes, I do it all. Except the help I have moving logs here. I do the cutting, turning, photo work, and all the website work. And all things in between. And, I don't care who you are it will take a toll on you. When it gets at me I don't do anything with wood. Usually I go sit out under a tree with the birds and squirrels and let them settle me down. And, they do. Or, go be with the doggies. Rosco and Lady have a way of settling me down as well. But if you have some help staring you in the face wanting to jump in, let 'em!!!

I just am not an office kind of person. If I were I would have stuck with Medical illustration in College instead of fine art.

Today changed the oil on the HD and looks like I may play hookie tomorrow. 76 is what's called for. I'll set the day up for everyone and say see YA !

Think it may just be cabin fever.

I just am not an office kind of person. If I were I would have stuck with Medical illustration in College instead of fine art.

Today changed the oil on the HD and looks like I may play hookie tomorrow. 76 is what's called for. I'll set the day up for everyone and say see YA !

Think it may just be cabin fever.

Ride Safe! :thumb:

I know all about this sort of thing. My memory seems to be just that.........what? I find myself irritated a lot with all kinds of things I used to brush off. Or maybe I just don't like the general climate of our culture that seems to be in a downward slide. I am mad how drivers seem less polite, how companies sell product that is poorly designed or executed...on and on. I remember a kinder more competent time. While I do occasionally buy a cheap tool, usually because i only plan to use it for a one-off, I really don't like the planned obsolescence of much of the merchandise out there. Our economy is based on a replacement mentality. You are constantly pestered to upgrade software, and just about everything else. I think this creates a false economy in that we have fewer $ to improve our station in life. I think people are stuck in a cycle of constantly having to buy the same stuff every few years.

So I try to patronize companies that produce quality things. My wife commented during our recent bed fixing up that she always sleeps better on the old coil spring mattress she had as a kid. It's still there waiting for her yearly visit to the home farm. The air pump quit working on our fancy adjustable modern bed and come to find out it isn't repairable in a conventional sense. I looked all over the net and can't find any replacement parts. You are just supposed to fork over another $400 for a new cheap China made pump. So i just might see if i can't find good ole American industrial parts and cobble up something that won't fail in another 5 years.

I really need to go fishing.............

Wow Paul, here i was thinking it was only me that felt this way. Lol
The memory thing is getting real real stale. Just had a case where i visited a FWW family member in NS only to arrive home and recall what it was i wanted to discuss with him while sharing a barley hops.
Boy i was seething i was so angry at myself.

But i said to myself, Rob that aint going to get you anywhere. Still easier said than done.

As for the rest of your post, i get told by my family that i must "get with it" lol. We have a cold war on the go here that relates to my view of planned obsolescence and their view of "modernisation".
I say its brains versus bubble heads but they don't like my politically incorrect reference to their brainwashed outlook.

I went fishing, did not help much when the person i took was more interested in capturing the moment on a go pro than catching a fish.

I think we getting old.

To be fair when i think of motor vehicles and reliability, while we may yearn for simpler days, its close to incredible just what has been accomplished in vehicle manufacturing and technology these days.

I guess the net is once a serf always a serf, its hard to break out and become a duke or baron as an ordinary person without wealth being rolled downhill.

Dave you not the only one that hates admin. I am in your club too.

You doing well with only one meltdown yr to date. TGIF.

Hear you, Rob. I visited a friend last week with a number of issues to discuss. I nearly forgot one. I had made a list and put them on my phone, which I had the sense to check before I left!

Not just age. Sensory overload as well. Way too many things on the plate. I really am trying to clear my plate some and just give up some things all together.

Spent an hour in line at Secretary of State office to renew license plate tags, Drove 1-1/2 hours to pay my employee and forgot to put the tags on my work van he uses. It was half way back when a brain cell woke up and reminded me why I drove over that way in the first place. Sheeeesh.