It's called FRIDAY

I'm just working the day out. Send Jarrod and hector out on a delivery and also pick up and Jarrod have another one later after lunch which is good , gets Jarrod out of my hair for a few hours so I can think. His singing drives me crazier then anything else me thinks.
I wish I could get away for a ride today but Fridays are always packed with getting thing out and ready for the Saturday pick up by customers.

May be raining tomorrow so it looks like a good day to be working at the lather. I'm working up a new 2 part design striker for the turkey pot calls.

I am also thinking of a new solution for stabilizing, I bought a product called PC Petrafier woodhardner. It is a water base product and I going to introduce a solid that will mix in to be a void filler once dried. Kind of like the cactus juice product but at 1/3 the cost. That's my goal today.

Been in the 70's all week, but got a chance of snow tonight (won't last). However, I'm going to try to get out and get some yard work done this weekend. Still working on some shop cleanup, may start building some new cabinets for the front wall of my shop where I have a folding table setup now. Have a couple of gifts to get done tonight on the 3d printer.

This Friday is the day after an expensive day. Ordered new tires for the truck to the tune of $800+ and the mount/balance/road hazard warranty is still to come. The Wife® decided that given my delicate condition, I shouldn't get on the roof to shovel snow, so there was a $600 bill for that. At least last week's spending was for woodworking goodies: a JessEm lift and PC router motor.

Man, sometimes I can only make it through the week fueled by caffeine and suppressed rage. :rolleyes: I hope the greatest expense I have today is some fine whisk(e)y.

Replacing neon tubes with led t8 tubes throughout shop. Replaced tubes in kitchen and what a difference they made. Need sunglasses now..
Trouble getting correct tubes locally. They said they had 16 but could only find 4. Just have to wait a day or so. I am cutting out ballast and direct wiring to one end which works OK, if shoulders will hold out from working overhead. The few I have done are really nice. I can see I can see.
David

Got to goof off today and just run some not so needed errands. Went into Fort Worth to Sam's Club to get some wanted, not needed things. They do have a good deal on some sausages made in San Antonio that are fabulous for smoking. Outside of that just some piddly little stuff that will come in handy. Now I'm spending time with the doggies watching some older sci fi movies. My favorite kind of movie.

Not much happening here, step son is home for the weekend... switching jobs from one truck line to another with better opportunities...

today was a bust, LOML had a doctor's appointment for her leg again, halfway there we ran up on an accident that was going to make us late, so she called to tell them so, to find out the doctor wasn't in today...50 mile drive for nothing. So we went shopping. Since we were in town, we hit the local Mediterranean store, Trader Joe's and the Chinese grocery.

Enjoying the nice weather.
We may head into Halifax tomorrow to the Seaport Market and some of our other favourite places, mostly about food, woodworking or fibre arts.
I found my missing Chris Schwarz Workbench book, so I'm reviewing it to refresh my memory on how I hope to upgrade my bench with some of his Roubo concepts. I've been watching a few Paul Sellers videos lately and I find the hand tool work is calling more all the time.
There's desk work to fit in too, but not when the sun's shining!
Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

Last edited:
Yep, Friday ... and it's Spring going on Summer in south Georgia, USA. More in a separate post.

I'm continuing to mess around with my 3D printer and also adapting a Raspberry Pi 3b to my CNC - interesting.

Saturday will be more shop time - some on cleanup - some on playtime.

Sunday? Well, what else? Daytona, Baby!!!

Friday was a day full of errands, including visits to both the ortho doc and the physical therapist. I'm officially released from the confines of the arm brace (the bionic arm). The broken elbow is healing well with only mild pain, and my range of motion is almost back to normal. That said, I'm still dealing with quite a bit of pain, stiffness, and numbness in my left hand...most likely the result of things getting scrambled up during surgery. (Strange things can happen when someone drives 7 screws into your elbow, lol.) The PT guy has given me some things to work on that should help the hand. Until it gets better my guitar playing is pretty hampered. As I said on Facebook earlier today, the hand issues are making my playing sound weak and sloppy. In other words, just like it's always been. :D

This weekend is pretty open plans-wise. LOML is down with the flu, so I'll be doing whatever I can to make things more comfortable for her. I suspect that'll primarily be just leaving her alone. ;)

I also need to do some pruning on the fruit trees...something I've been putting off due to my arm. It'll be slow and a bit painful, but I need to get it done ASAP, since the trees are already starting to get some buds on them. This weekend is forecast to be cold, though, so we'll see if I have the gumption to get out there and get productive or not.

Another thing on the "Maybe" list is installing some baseboard trim for my next-door neighbor. She has new flooring in the living room and hall, but hasn't gotten the base trim put in. There are several nice long runs and only a half dozen or so miters, so I should be able to knock it out in just a couple of hours. (Knock on man-made engineered wood laminate product.) :rolleyes:

And of course there's always guitar gear tweaking to do. There's new firmware available for my amp modeler, and I think it's time for another full re-programming of all the settings I use with the band. There's a different "preset" for each song we play, and some presets have several "scenes", each of which is a different combination of amps, speakers, and effects. All in all, I have about 70 presets and scenes that need to be revisited with the new firmware.

After the finial customer xame in at 10:30 i drive up to Md /Pa line to meet up with a player piano restorer. Great guy looking to retire. He live on a small fram cira 1764 original barn with a house huilt in 1820, the original burnt down. He has a 1920 small player with an orientel motif. 1 of 10 known to exist. The body needs a major cleaning and a lot of touch up. He has LOT 'S of piano cabinet parts, legs, tops & trim. Some are solid Rosewood, walnut, mahogany which weare discussing a deal on. He handed me a 2gal bag of ivory piano keys as I was leaving. I've got some skimshaw material now. He's looking to sell the farm , it's very tempting and not far from my son Jonathan's. I've got something to think about. Problem ........Shelly wil never go for it. :(