Hinge question

We've had a new student move in that has some very limiting disabilities. To make a long story short they have to write with their mouth holding a pencil/pen. The principal asked if I could get some of my STEM kids to make them a lap desk of sorts that can be placed on a table and the top tilted so they can adjust the angle to write on. I thought about using the rockler torsion hings so the top could basically be infinitely adjustable, but :eek: they really like them! Does anyone know of an alternative to them?

I've mentioned it to a couple of my better students today and they are going to start researching tomorrow to see if any specs are available online. Just some quick brainstorming today after I described how the rockler hinges worker they came up with a shallow box with the hinges on the side toward the student so the lid can be flipped up toward them to place papers on. They mentioned probably placing some sort of clip/holder in the top and a ledge on the bottom maybe.

And if anyone has any better ideas don't hesitate to share please!

Thanks

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Stan. The class is project based built around those four principles. You can also incorporate art, design and other ideas also.