:knock:Hey Allen:knock:

I was making some small boxes doing a lot of glueing up today and yesterday, I decided its best to prepare the shop for the blizzard, 12-18 inches. Will most certainly shut down long island for 4 days.

its a very, very precise operation. I have to move everything just right in the shop in order to fit the convertible. Problem arose today, is that now I have a new convertible, and its a bit longer than the old one, (elen says this convertible is more suited for grown ups, I don't think she understands I have no reason to grow up, Ive already grown out, and that's enough for me)
The old convertible went in easy.
as you can see in the pictures, this is a precise, one inch only to spare so no machines will interfere getting in and out of car. No hoses scratch car, etc.....
I have to pull right up to lathe, so I had to put foam cushions on the legs just in case, hung a ball as a warning of last inch to pull up.
fit like a glove, Im now READY FOR THE BLIZZARD
filled the snow thrower with gasoline, started her up, second pull, shes 21 years old, a little rusty, banged up, but works great.

the main trick is to get the car close enough to the lathe so the door can open right past the corner of the table saw, the table saw cant go anywhere else, and if the door touches it, forget it, that table saw is unforgiving, as are the lathe legs. This car has automatic folding in mirrors which help a bit.

Attachments

• blizzardprep 006.jpg
    blizzardprep 006.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31
  • blizzardprep 005.jpg
    blizzardprep 005.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 26
  • blizzardprep 004.jpg
    blizzardprep 004.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
  • blizzardprep 003.jpg
    blizzardprep 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 27
  • blizzardprep 002.jpg
    blizzardprep 002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 28
after around 6 inches or so of snow, it was just sleet/freezing rain and rain. Its now an impossible chore to move it. slush clogs up the snow blower, and its so heavy and sticking to the pavement. not sure if Im going to struggle with much more than a small path to the front door and back door, and just wait till mid may for it to melt.
don't see myself doing a 10 foot wide driveway by 90 feet, then walkways, and back area in front. this is heart attack or back breaking slush/ice. the worst. I would have preferred 3 feet of powdery snow.