quality pull saw?

larry merlau

i have a dosuki pull saw the one with the strong back and i have replaced the blade twice now.. is there a better saw or blade to get,, i wasnt hard on them but was cutting ash the first time and red oak the last time and it got trashed beyound use this time.. any suggestions if stu waas closer i would have him send me one from the source:)

i have a dosuki pull saw the one with the strong back and i have replaced the blade twice now.. is there a better saw or blade to get,, i wasnt hard on them but was cutting ash the first time and red oak the last time and it got trashed beyound use this time.. any suggestions if stu waas closer i would have him send me one from the source:)

Most of the razor saws are not really made for hardwood, they use mostly softwood here, the razor saws are rather delicate.

The good quality non-razor saws are expensive, but they can be sharpened (not by me for sure, but there are still some guys here that sharpen them).

Most likely you were using a saw designed for cutting softwood and you cut some very hard wood, so that is why the blades did not last.

Get hold of my buddy Stu at www.toolsfromjapan.com I know he sells traditional saws that can be had to cut hardwood.

>> Here << I think

Last edited:
well i looked at stus guy site and its in jappeneeze and i dont have yen,, so highland will have to do thanks steve.

I fixed the link, it should be in English now.

Stu ships all over the world, he is a very nice guy too. The tools he sells are not cheap, but they are the very best.

I think the option Steve offers you should work out just fine.

Cheers!