Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Entertainment Center A Year In The Making.... So Far...

That looks sharp Stu! I like the contrast.

Hours to build these drying racks, and minutes to reduce them to two large bags of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Box of chocolate!!

Back at this, a couple one day builds got mixed in, and the client just got back, and is swamped with work. I hope to have this installed by the end of the month, scheduling conflicts.

The other thing is due to the tiny workshop, I can only put together one at a time.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    .... The other thing is due to the tiny workshop, I can only put together one at a time. ....
    Don't let Emiko know that I am the one who said it, but my wife lets me store partial deliveries in our living room. Most of the pictures on my web site are taken in our living room.

Jenny only balked twice - the 18 foot long dining table (not all the leaves went in), and the queen size bunk beds (the sofas had to move back).
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com

Wrapped up chocolate box.
    Ready to move upstairs.

The electric hoist sure is useful.

A ride on a cart in the elevator

All mocked up, now I'll make sure it all fits, and I'll put in the grommets for some electrical and speaker wire.
    Then the false wall that goes into middle and the front trim.
    Still a fair bit to do, and I got a call from a good client with an emergency.
    It just never ends, which is a lot better than having no work!

Cheers

William Arthur Ward

Why is it that every time I go to use my jointer and planer I my cyclone is full? Some kind of natural law at work here?

William Arthur Ward

It's one of Murphy's minor corollaries.
    I'm thinking that doesn't go to bedding your neighbour's chickens Stu. How big a disposal problem is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    It's one of Murphy's minor corollaries.
    I'm thinking that doesn't go to bedding your neighbour's chickens Stu. How big a disposal problem is it?
    Ain't nobody here but us chickens! LOL

I just put it in 45L garbage bags and slap a 310 yen garbage seal on it and it gets picked up.

Technically when you run a business in Tokyo, you have to buy these garbage seals (310 yen each) and put one on each 45L bag of garbage, I bet I'm the only guy on the street that actually does this, I know because we sell said seals in the liquor shop, we sell almost none of them, I bet I buy about 50% of them. I don't know why, when you go to pay your taxes, as a business they don't require that you have to spend "X" amount of money on said seals, but that's just me, I play by the rules. Most guys take the garbage home and dump it at their house, I could do that, but my house is the same place as my business.

So add that to your business expenses, every small bag of garbage you toss (45L is12 gallons US) you have to pay about $3, life in the big city.
    William Arthur Ward

Coming along nicely. I've got a few bags for my DC, so been just taking them with me to the yard waste recycling center. They were fine with me dumping the saw dust as long as I took the bags with me.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Sometimes having a dedicated resaw bandsaw just makes sense.

That is 9" tall if hard Maple, and Big Blue just walks through it without any drama.

The final cut is not bad either, I leave about 2mm (3/32") of extra meat to go through the thickness planer, really I could leave just 1 mm (1/32") but it's not worth taking the chance.

William Arthur Ward