Thread: Dust Collection and Respirator

Dust Collection and Respirator

I have a small shop 20 by 20. I have a HF dust collector ,Wynn filter and Thein tophat separator.It all works pretty good.I need to finish running it to some other tools though. I had thought about venting the dust outside. ( I only have a short run of dc pipe so I use flexible hose.I heard it was better to use a solid pipe and come off of it with the flex to the tools ????)

Anyhow between the pollen and maybe a little dust from shop...I kinda doubt that I had some allergy problems this weekend. (home from work today...will be fine tomorrow hopefully)So I am double checking myself on my dust collection and my habits whether good or bad.

I also use this respirator https://www.durawear.com/msa-comfo-c...d38aAjY68P8HAQ. I bought a bunch of the screw in cartridges for it a while back.It seems to work really good. I dont have any dust at all when I use it but I know it cant be as good as a more expensive one. What do you guys use and like??? Thanks for your help!

i use a 3m half face mask with the oval screw on filters, for sanding and a papr for spraying finish.. i used to use nothing when sanding just relied on the vacuum so suck up the dust but as i have gotten older the dust from sanding by hand or machine even a lot of sawing will stuff me up now.. so i try to keep it down with the air cleaner running and the respirator on me instead of the hook.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Larry I use one with screw on filters for fine particles and a homemade air cleaner.The homemade one grabs a lot of sawdust.I use it at the lathe and when I am sanding it really pulls it to it.I put an attic fan in it.