Upgrading The Fence Faces On My SawStop Tablesaw

Stuart Ablett

The faces on my SawStop tablesaw are getting a bit rough.

IMG_2604.JPG

When not in use my fence stands on one end against my lathe, sometimes I put is down less than gently :doh:
The end that hits the ground has become dented, it got kind of mushroomed over, not good.

Replacing these faces would be a bit of work.

I look at the replaceable fence on my Incra tools and think "That looks a lot easier".

fence_T_rails.jpg

I found this online, and thought, "That looks good".

new_fence_T_rails.jpg

new_fence_T_rails_2.jpg

After some looking around I found this locally, it is about double the height of the fence now, so I figure I'll cut it in half and mount half on each side of the fence with the one T-track on the top.

Should work?

Then I'll be able to easily make new fence faces for it even tall fences etc.

Should work....?

Cheers!

good idea stu!
Thanks Larry!

Good plan, Stu! I love the fence on my Incra table saw system. It's so easy to add other adaptors to it with the groove system.
Yep, that is what I'm looking for, without a massively expensive upgrade. The piece delivered will cost me about $50, might be expensive, but that is what I had to choose from.

Oh I like that idea!

Yeah, every now and then I even impress myself :eek: :rofl:

eaeff1bbf7e098c65ff8439c05543444.jpg

Ok, so the new fence material arrived.

8c1fe27185f8fc09e7438f0fa06d3328.jpg

I cut it in half, here it is ready to install.

b501636dd57d41b67008ea4c9cb808e2.jpg

Installed.

68065dc068c5b44fa840d37e61ee1537.jpg

I cut 45s on the corners.

Now I need to make some sacrificial faces for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great and I think it will be a great addition. This is only 15mm thick (.590") as much thinner than the 80/20's I have seen. It is much closer to the common t-track used in jigs and fixtures. The closest I have been able to find here in the states us a multi-track from Rockler, but this is only 36" long. Still hunting.

Looks great and I think it will be a great addition. This is only 15mm thick (.590") as much thinner than the 80/20's I have seen. It is much closer to the common t-track used in jigs and fixtures. The closest I have been able to find here in the states us a multi-track from Rockler, but this is only 36" long. Still hunting.

Wow, for once I have access to stuff that you guys don't...? Kinda cool LOL.

Where I ordered it from the custom cut it to length, from 15mm to 4,000 mm! It takes three days to process, but that's ok.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk