ugly visitor

Frank Fusco

For whatever reason (couldn't be my squirrel eradication project ;) ) we have had a lot of buzzards hanging around my property lately. I know they do a lot of good and are important. But they sure are ugly, creepy things. Scary big too when you see them up close.

Attachments

• buzzard.jpg
    buzzard.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 68
I was working mid to eight and came home one morning to find two of those walking around my back deck. I hoped they weren't waiting for me. :huh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT

A couple months ago, we had about 40 of them roosting in the trees in our back yord and next to us. Wait til you walk out in the dark and spook a couple of them into flight!! Almost left something on the patio for them to take care of.:D Jim.

Yep, we got them too

especially during the summer.

Our neighbors had a dead tree along a fence row. One evening three buzzards landed on the top branch. It was just like a picture out of a horror movie.:cool:

We also get a fair number of red-tail hawks. The hawks like to sail around at about 60 to 90 feet. The buzzards like it up higher. Those buzzards are experts at sailing around, it seems like they never flap their wings.

My buzzard story...

Buddy and I canoe-ing in a man made lake just north of here a few years back. Buzz comes in for a landing in a dead tree 50 feet from lakeshore. He lands, branch breaks off and buzz goes ker-plunk into the lake! They are not the most gracefull flyers and make even worse swimmers. Well, Buzz flaps his way to shore while we watch, trying not to laugh. Normally ugly, ugly and very funny standing on shore dripping wet!

My buzzard story...

Buddy and I canoe-ing in a man made lake just north of here a few years back. Buzz comes in for a landing in a dead tree 50 feet from lakeshore. He lands, branch breaks off and buzz goes ker-plunk into the lake! They are not the most gracefull flyers and make even worse swimmers. Well, Buzz flaps his way to shore while we watch, trying not to laugh. Normally ugly, ugly and very funny standing on shore dripping wet!

I've always wondered if that ever happened to the larger birds :D