Sometimes I Need A Reminder

Dave Hoskins

Yesterday I was rolling some logs around with the cant hook. Nothing new there. Nothing special. About 5 years ago I yanked the right bicep muscle completely off down at the elbow doing something similar. Except the log in question 5 years ago just wasn't gonna move and it moved part of me loose instead. Anyway, after doing what I did yesterday I woke up this morning with some real pain down near the right elbow. Woof Woof! I know I didn't yank the muscle off again because it's still where it belongs and not sagging at the bottom of my upper arm. Guess I did something wrong. Guess my application of Archimedes Principle was not right on. Oh, well. Spent most of the day alternating between cold and hot packs on it. Starting to feel somewhat normal. Guess I better take it easy on the arm again tomorrow and just finish planting the tomatoes. Funny how we get reminders we just ain't quite what we used to be. :huh:

Not a very pleasant reminder! Youch!

I had a moment the other day, I was walking in the sunshine between the house and the greenhouse and I thought that hey, you know, right now I feel pretty good. In my head I said to myself "You know, you should really remember this moment right now. How the clouds look, how the wind feels, how the air smells, cause it's a good moment. I'm walking fine, I don't feel any pain (no, hadn't even had a beer yet). Because there will be someday that I don't have this luxury and I should make sure to enjoy it now, before it's gone."

Heal up quick Dave!

Must be something in the air, Dave. I twisted my back Friday wrassling a big Oak log with a cant hook!! Been in the Lazy boy ever since. Heal fast.

Some months back I was holding a beer and commiserating with a certain bearded member of this forum about the limitations imposed on us by father time. I told him I can do everything I used to do, but only half as hard and for half as long.

Heal well and quickly Dave.

Could be in the air... I find myself turning wood in my sleep and woke with a start last night, dreamed a bowl flew off the lathe right at my head... this one missed, unlike this one Day 2 - 2.jpg a few years back that didn't when it flew off in reality time.

Last edited:
Chuck, I ain't gonna say that hurt, but I bet that hurt! Ouch! I've had them fly off before but if they do make contact with me it is 99% of the time with my left forearm for some reason. Guess I'm lucky on that. Danged if you didn't almost lose your eye with that one. AWK!!!