Garage door opener

Mark E Smith

Got to give a shout out to Chamberlin, they really stand behind their product. Couple days ago my garage door opener bit the dust, a whisper drive with belt drive. The shaft coming off the motor just snapped off, got it back in 2006 been working flawlessly since I put it in, with zero maintenance...lol..so was looking at the new ones available over $200 bucks for the new whispers with the wifi...nada ...nada.. stuff I don't need, BUT I was looking at the warranties, they showed lifetime on motor...hmmm...wondered how long they been doing that...so I called them, told them what happened, gave them my serial num and model num...guess what... mine had a lifetime on motor too...he said drive shaft snapping off on the motor was covered, sending me a new motor right away, no charge...easy to put on held on with three bolts and couple plug in's, you gotta love getting free stuff for an 11 year old opener...they really stand behind their product, saved me a couple hundred bucks buying a new one, so I thought I pass that along, if your looking to get a garage door opener, Chamberlin is the way to go, warranty is great, no fuss, and they stand behind their product for sure..

Good to hear. :thumb: I'm in the market for a new opener, but at this point I'm inclined to pay someone else to install it for me.

Good to hear. :thumb: I'm in the market for a new opener, but at this point I'm inclined to pay someone else to install it for me.

Most of the big box stores will charge you about $120 to install, but really not that hard to do... I put my in by myself and I have copd, wasn't quite as bad as it is today, but still think I could install again without much problem. Would take me longer then normal for sure, have to take lots of breaks, not on O2 yet, but getting close...lol...had to pull it down to do this repair, couple bolts and a step ladder, pretty easy, so just block off a day and follow the directions, getting the Chamberlin is the way to go, my preference is the belt drive. Use to have chain drives and was always having problems with them, constant maintenance issues, since switching to belt drives and the Chamberlin brand back in 06, haven't had to do anything with it, until a few days go, so well worth the money in my view. Able body could probably install in a couple hours, takes me all day, but nothing really physical about it, if you can turn a wrench and read directions, pretty simple operation.