Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folding SawStop Table Saw Outfeed Table

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Nice job Stu, you manage to keep me greatful every time i see what space you have to work with and how you overcome the challenges it presents. I have a mini fold out metal outfeed table that came with my sears saw but its narrow and wobbly. Yours looks like a way better solution.
    Thanks Rob.

I know my space is small compared to most in North America, but for downtown Tokyo my space is large! LOL

I know every time I see a pic or video of someone's shop over there and they say "My shop is too small!" and I see a 4x8 bench and a 4x8 assembly table, all covered with junk, as well and HUGE walls that are bare I have to bite my tongue LOL.

I think the best compliment I have every received about my shop, and I'm sorry I don't remember who it was, but he asked if I was a retired submariner, as he was and really appreciated my use of all available space, I thought that was pretty cool!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Ok, now it is done!

On to other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

That was a great job Stu. I just joined this forum and love seeing all you talented guys and plagarizing your ideas.
    I made a outfeed for my Rigid R4512 that used the dovetail design, and I also stole this idea from the same guy you listed.
    I created a You Tube video if your bored, that shows mine. Unfortunately it was made after I built it, so it does not show a lot of the details (and cussing) of my build. Anyway here it is: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_JIvKYOR_bA

Edit:
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 05-05-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Coffee breaks over, back on your heads

That came out great, Stu. I need one of those.

Looks good! Can you attach the fill in piece with a hinge, so that it swings out of the way of the hose when you drop the table, but winds up where you need it when the table is raised?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schwabacher View Post
    Looks good! Can you attach the fill in piece with a hinge, so that it swings out of the way of the hose when you drop the table, but winds up where you need it when the table is raised?
    Thank you.

Yes I could but then it is in the way when I step over the hose on that side of the saw.

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward

Think about hinging the filler. Soss hinges would work and not show on face. Then the filler would flip up to clear vac hose and down when table is up.