small boxes

working on the next trio, will probably finish assembly by tomorrow or sunday,
every 4-5 hours, something comes out of the clamps and another goes in. been going out there at 11 pm to clamp up, tonight last glue up is at 10.

Attachments

• movinon 001.jpg
    movinon 001.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 25
elen was ok with me setting up a table in the extra bedroom and polyurethaning the first set this morning.
I wont have to clean up and shut down the shop to do it now, so I can continue working on the next set during drying times.
Im trying to get second set complete and 2 coats of oil on before I leave for florida next week.

Very nice! How'd you do the 'cushion' in the bottom? I've done a couple by cutting cardboard to size, then covering it with quilt batting, then wrapping the cloth around it and gluing it to the underside of the cardboard. (Mida taught me how that's done.)

finished up my sons night stands, they were done months ago, I had to wait until yesterday when it was 80 degrees to spray them.
and another project for a paying customer, she pays me with hugs and love, so I enjoy doing it for her, my great niece is turning 2 next week and uncle is making her lawn/yard signs for her big birthday bash.(her two favorite characters)
for some reason, the site is not letting me upload any pictures, Ill try later

Attachments

• keepinbusy 030.jpg
    keepinbusy 030.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 25
  • keepinbusy 033.jpg
    keepinbusy 033.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
thanx for the kind comments, my son sent me a video of a bartop retro video cabinet. we are going to start the project sunday. we will do all the cabinet work here, then he will take it home and complete the priming, painting and add electronics. Gonna be interesting to see if we can work side by side for hours upon hours.

I ran up to rosenzweig lumber in the Bronx(NY) this morning. Picked up some sapele, purpleheart, and 5/4 hard maple.
I was going to start a few American flag cutting boards, but now Im thinking if its a proper thing to do. Conflicted.
Originally, I viewed it as hey, they make shirts, paper plates, napkins, towels, placques, greeting cards, banners, mugs, anything you can think of has the flag, but does that make it right? I have to think about this one, any input? views on this subject?
Ill assemble some Adirondack chairs tomorrow and mull the cutting boards project a few times in my head.

Last edited:
the client was happy with the signs I made her for the birthday bash.
I heard her say my name when I pulled up in the car, good enough for me, she usually only mentions elens name.

and when youre 2, and party all day long, ya need to take some down time.

Attachments

• isabelles2ndbirthday 009.jpg
    isabelles2ndbirthday 009.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 17
  • isabelles2ndbirthday 003.jpg
    isabelles2ndbirthday 003.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 19
  • isabelles2ndbirthday 002.jpg
    isabelles2ndbirthday 002.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 18