Last batch of mills --

Chuck Ellis

Getting ready for a show at the local mall next weekend... Haven't been confirmed yet, but pretty sure I'll get in... they've asked me a couple of years in a row and decided to go this year... it's inside, on Friday and Saturday... plus they claim to draw from 6 counties, so we'll see... Fee was pretty low at $75 for the weekend.... only problem is it runs from 10 am to 9 pm, so will make for a long long day. Can't let Dianne go with me as she won't be able to hold out for the whole 12+ hours because of her back and the pain she's in... Hopefully, Ed, my step-son, will be home for the weekend and he'll go with me. If not, I'll make do by my self.... These are some glue up mills I've done this week plus two natural woods...
These are the natural woods, Spalted Hackberry - 8 inches tall and Greenheart Poplar - 10 inches...
34-3465_3.jpg34-3459_1.jpg
These are my glue ups... a couple didn't exactly turn out as I envisioned, but still look good - Dianne loved them all..
Spectraply "Red Rider" and Maple -- 9" tall
34-3460_3.jpg
Ipe and Spectraply "Camo Supreme" -- 8" tall
34-3461_2.jpg
Maple and Spectraply "Royal Camo" - 9" tall
34-3462_1.jpg
Brazilian Ebony, Cocobolo and Maple over a red oak core (I was using up some scraps laying around in the way) -- 10" tall
my blank trimmed out a little narrower than I planned, so it a pretty straight line turning.
34-3464_2.jpg
Spectraply "Winewood", Purpleheart and Maple -- 9 1/2" tall
34-3463_2.jpg
This one is a real conglomerate -- Ash, Spectraply "Winewood", Purpleheart, Maple, and Brazilian ebony -- 8" tall.
34-3466_1.jpg

Well, this show has come and gone.... didn't sell a single pepper mill the whole show, but did sell 4 bowls, a little lidded box and two bottle stoppers over the two shows.... but it was a long day each time... the show on Friday started at 9 am and ran until 9 pm, then Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm... spent most of the two days sitting on my stool trying not to fall asleep and fall off the stool or pacing my booth to stay awake.... this morning my legs feel as if I have hiked the Appalachian... but I know that's the breaks of the show circuit, one day feast, one day famine... depending on which day you pick... on the the Farmer's Market next month.

Sorry things were slow, Chuck. I guess you couldn't find a helper to spell you. The missus and I have spent many a day sitting in a booth wondering if we would make expenses. Things seemed to work out in the long haul, but it's no way to get rich.