Finally Friday the 7th

The 7th..... Early to bed very early to rise. Turkeys , gobble gobble gobble . Opening morning in Va. Hunting with my life long friend Phil. I've been painting decoys getting everything ready.
Va. has Sunday hunting now so I'll be back in the woods Sunday morning.
Today the boys have 3 big deliveries , Which is good.

Happy weekend all !

Today is gonna be a goof off day. First will have lunch with a good friend, and then my girlfriend and I are gonna roll on to the great metropolis of Fort Worth. She needs something done to her glasses. While she's having that done I'm going to get one of them fantastic chair massages by some nice Chinese folks that operate one of those parlors for that in Ridgmar Mall. After that roll back to Parker County and goof off some more after I water all the veggies that need watering. Tomorrow back to work.

I'll do a few things in my shop today: Trying to get nylon the print well on my 3d printer. Sand the remaining bark off my walnut slab and cut down some walnut lumber for the legs to match the slab.

Saturday: Some of the same from above along with some shop cleanup.

Sunday: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out until the NASCAR race in Texas starts.

Of course, I'll keep an eye on The Masters tournament all weekend.

This weekend begins Holy Week for me and it is overflowing with activities. The good news is I got my O2 levels back up to \97-98. And I have been resting as much as I can find time and trying not to think of all the stuff awaiting my attention. I hope to get through the week without collapsing. Undoubtedly I will need a couple of weeks to recover again. But I am optimistic enough to have found coverage for a couple of vacation weeks in mid-May. Just sayin'.... :D

This may not look like much to you guys with nice clean shops, but I can see the tops of all the major flat surfaces in my shop right now.

flatspaces.jpg

I also picked up some of these blades for my work saw to help in getting my back patio roof demo'd

1/8" thick metal, the carbide tips are even thicker. Scariest darn things I've seen in a long time. Now if it would quit raining. I did get half the shingles off just in time for the rain though!

Only took me 3 days after my last excursion up there until my legs would work again. We'll see how much damage I can do.

blades.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend is super busy.
Marilyn is the director of Christian Education at our Church and has a lots of things to do to get ready for the Holy week.
My Lions Club has our annual pancake breakfast this Sunday (Palm Sunday). We expect to serve well over 400 people. As 2nd vice President of the club my responsibility is for this particular project. It is a major fundraiser for our charity I've been totally consumed with this for several weeks.
Next week is finally some down time. I'll be sorting out my tools and selling off some of the ones I use less often in preparation for selling hte house and moving to a much smaller place.

Well into week 2 of the worst respiratory infection I've ever dealt with. It's apparently viral in nature, because it's not responding to antibiotics. As a result, there's pretty much nothing on my to-do list other than resting. I REALLY need to mow the lawn, though. It's been about three weeks now, and it's so high now I think I spotted a buffalo grazing out there the other day. Y'all have a good, fun, and safe weekend. :thumb:

Appears some of us have pretty ambitious schedules this weekend. I hope everyone....including those on the disabled list, survives to fight again.

Business as usual for us. Planted a Fuyu persimmon today and hope it bears this year. They are really tasty. Perhaps in anticipation of Easter, a rabbit made his/her appearance on the other side of my garden fence today and slowly ambled along the entire length, looking for a hole. Got the air rifle out and sighted in just in case. Firefox suddenly stopped working and nothing seems to work to get it going, so after wrestling with the fox for several hours, I switched to chrome. Frost threat tonight, so the garden had to be covered. Tomatoes don't appreciate frost. Hope it's the end of the really cold weather. Be safe.

Nice weather for a few she. Got mowing taken care of now to get outside clean up completed. Maybe a few hours inshop.
Have a safe and healthy weekend. Vaughn get that infection under control.

David