West Michigan Deal - Drill Press

Hey all, I just wanted to let y'all know there's a really awesome drill press for sale in the Grand Rapids, MI area.

It's a Buffalo, and it has some great features. I own a Buffalo with similar features, and I highly recommend it. Mine is the slightly smaller brother to this one, but it rocks. The features I must rave about are super fast and easy belt/speed changes, 6" quill stroke, AND....

AND a sliding headstock! Mine has this feature and it's the coolest thing ever. If you check out the first photo in this listing you see a black spherical knob to the left of the quill, attached to a lever arm. Also, on other photos you see a chain attached to the quill/head that goes into the column. If you release the lever the entire head can slide up and down the column aided by a counterweight hidden in the column attached to that chain. It's an incredible feature.

On my machine I have drilled through a 4.5" diameter turned cylinder that was 22" long. I bored from both ends, using the sliding head feature, and only had a 1/32" offset where the two boring passes met in the middle. And this was using a cheap 3" forster bit from Woodcraft.

Anywho, this is an awesome drill press, and none of the new ones can come close. It's made one the USA, and the company is still in business (and they still help with maintaining/problem solving their old models).

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/tls/6072278987.html

-Hutch