Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandson's 3rd Birthday Coming up

Grandson's 3rd Birthday Coming up

Our Grandson's 3rd birthday is coming up next week. He loves getting out in the yard with his little motorized garden tractor, and I found a place that sells replacement parts for most of those types of toys (http://tigerimports.net/) out of Tennessee. So I ordered him some new stickers for the tractor and a few parts that were either missing or broken when we got it and have fixed it up, the pedal was one such piece, which got replaced last night.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Stickers.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	98973 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-19 21.15.05.jpg 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	98968

Anyway, a few weeks back, a coworker mentioned that his son had outgrown his little F150 Power wheels and was planning to put it in their garage sale. So I offered to buy it from him.

Name:	2017-04-08 18.06.01.jpg 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	98974

I thought it could use some more bling and he's currently a huge Paw Patrol fan, so I found a little bicycle police light and drew up a bracket for it last night. The bracket slips right into a pocket in the dash of the truck, so no fasteners needed.

Name:	2017-04-20 07.47.00.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	98969 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-20 07.48.58.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	98970 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-20 07.49.35.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	98971 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-20 07.49.47.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	98972

Currently the truck is stored under a tarp next to his tractor, which he as yet to notice. I'll have him help me get the tarp off on his birthday while he's helping Papa in the shop.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

CJ (my oldest grandson) had one of those Craftsman Ford trucks. He spent hours going through the mud holes. The rest didn't seem to be interested. It will be a great day for your grandson. Make sure the battery is charged! I bought an extra battery as it broke his heart when his truck would "run out of gas"!

Making memories Darren, good for you!!!
    Jon

All words typed are the expressed feelings of the author (me) at the time of typing. Ideas may change with the time of day and personal feelings of the author (me). No political propaganda intended, implied, hinted at or even conjectured. Read my words, don't try to read my thoughts or in-between the lines.

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    CJ (my oldest grandson) had one of those Craftsman Ford trucks. He spent hours going through the mud holes. The rest didn't seem to be interested. It will be a great day for your grandson. Make sure the battery is charged! I bought an extra battery as it broke his heart when his truck would "run out of gas"!

Making memories Darren, good for you!!!
    Yup, already got a spare for it, as my co-worker couldn't remember how old the battery in it was. It's still running, but good to have the backup anyway. I've also already made me a pedal pushing stick for when it gets left out or I need it moved when he's not around.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

You da man, Grandpa!! Awesome addition to the PU

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Yup, already got a spare for it, as my co-worker couldn't remember how old the battery in it was. It's still running, but good to have the backup anyway. I've also already made me a pedal pushing stick for when it gets left out or I need it moved when he's not around.
    I can just picture Darren riding it with the pedal pusher stick. Really need a video of that!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

At least you're not spoiling him . Grandpa's perogative

Does look like a lot of fun though. Looks like your getting some good use out of that 3d printer as well.
    Love thy neighbor, yet pull down not thy hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    At least you're not spoiling him . Grandpa's perogative

Does look like a lot of fun though. Looks like your getting some good use out of that 3d printer as well.
    Whooo?? Meeeee? Did I doooo that? (In my best Erkle voice)

The printer has become a valued tool in my shop, I'm getting a lot of satisfaction from it being able to take things from idea to prototype.
    Darren

I think we need to change your name to mr. Enabler.

Can see how time has moved on. Those used to be pedal power, whats next dashboard with place for phone and bt mic and speakers to take a call for ice cream. Lol
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I can just picture Darren riding it with the pedal pusher stick. Really need a video of that!
    I think Darren might just look like this

Name:	Brent in barrel.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	98981

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Korn View Post
    I think Darren might just look like this

Name:	Brent in barrel.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	98981
    I guess I'd better get busy finding a barrel to weld one of those up.

I did see this video the other day and wondered if I might be spoiling him making one like this.

Darren