Grandson's 3rd Birthday Coming up

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Our Grandson's 3rd birthday is coming up next week. He loves getting out in the yard with his little motorized garden tractor, and I found a place that sells replacement parts for most of those types of toys (http://tigerimports.net/) out of Tennessee. So I ordered him some new stickers for the tractor and a few parts that were either missing or broken when we got it and have fixed it up, the pedal was one such piece, which got replaced last night.
New Stickers.jpg 2017-04-19 21.15.05.jpg

Anyway, a few weeks back, a coworker mentioned that his son had outgrown his little F150 Power wheels and was planning to put it in their garage sale. So I offered to buy it from him.
2017-04-08 18.06.01.jpg

I thought it could use some more bling and he's currently a huge Paw Patrol fan, so I found a little bicycle police light and drew up a bracket for it last night. The bracket slips right into a pocket in the dash of the truck, so no fasteners needed.
2017-04-20 07.47.00.jpg 2017-04-20 07.48.58.jpg 2017-04-20 07.49.35.jpg 2017-04-20 07.49.47.jpg

Currently the truck is stored under a tarp next to his tractor, which he as yet to notice. I'll have him help me get the tarp off on his birthday while he's helping Papa in the shop. ;)

CJ (my oldest grandson) had one of those Craftsman Ford trucks. He spent hours going through the mud holes. The rest didn't seem to be interested. It will be a great day for your grandson. Make sure the battery is charged! I bought an extra battery as it broke his heart when his truck would "run out of gas"!

Making memories Darren, good for you!!!

CJ (my oldest grandson) had one of those Craftsman Ford trucks. He spent hours going through the mud holes. The rest didn't seem to be interested. It will be a great day for your grandson. Make sure the battery is charged! I bought an extra battery as it broke his heart when his truck would "run out of gas"!

Making memories Darren, good for you!!!

Yup, already got a spare for it, as my co-worker couldn't remember how old the battery in it was. It's still running, but good to have the backup anyway. I've also already made me a pedal pushing stick for when it gets left out or I need it moved when he's not around. ;)

Yup, already got a spare for it, as my co-worker couldn't remember how old the battery in it was. It's still running, but good to have the backup anyway. I've also already made me a pedal pushing stick for when it gets left out or I need it moved when he's not around. ;)

I can just picture Darren riding it with the pedal pusher stick. Really need a video of that!

At least you're not spoiling him :rofl:. Grandpa's perogative :)

Does look like a lot of fun though. Looks like your getting some good use out of that 3d printer as well.

Whooo?? Meeeee? Did I doooo that? (In my best Erkle voice)

The printer has become a valued tool in my shop, I'm getting a lot of satisfaction from it being able to take things from idea to prototype.

I think we need to change your name to mr. Enabler.

Can see how time has moved on. Those used to be pedal power, whats next dashboard with place for phone and bt mic and speakers to take a call for ice cream. Lol