Aquariam Stand

Don Baer

Staff member
My son bought a small aquarium for my granddaughter and asked me to make a stand for it. I decided that I'd make a table so that when the fishies go away they would have a table to use.

DSCN0631.JPG

The top, shelf and apron are made from 4/4 white oak the leags are 8/4 tapered to 1" at the bottom both insides of the legs are tapered. The aprons are attached to the legs with MT. For the shelf I cut a notch on the inside of each leg with my dado set at a 45 then cut the corners of the shelf at a 45. The finish is a transtint golden oak dye with 6 coats of Gen Finish semigloss poly. The project took 2 1/2 days (ya I know I'm slow). As always you opion is welcome.

Flatwork and I aren't very good buds yet. If I get to the point where I can put out something as nice / simple / clean as your "aquarium stand" I will jump for joy ... and so will my wife.

Great job! :thumb:

Looks way too nice to have a large bucket of fish sitting on it! :D:thumb:

Good that it wil be functional after they get over their fish thing!

Cheers!

I take it it's a small tank :)

Be warned, they might go the other way and get hooked on keeping fish and you will end up building stands for 1/2 ton fish tanks :D But then they still have a really nice bedside table anyway. The poly is the best finish for that job, it's bound to get water splashed over it occasionally.

Cheers

Ian