fidget spinner

Had a fellow ask if I could make one of these for his son. Apparently they are the hot thing in the middle school. I have seen a few at the high school too. I don't know what the wood is it was a scrap I had laying around. Luke took a picture and sent it to some of his friends. He has orders for four at 20 bucks a pop. He should be able to knock out 4 in an hour easy. Now to order the bearings.

fidget.jpg

That's a nice one. There are lots of designs for them on thingiverse. I printed some on the 3d printer for a co-worker's son, says that he hardly sees him without them now.

Here are a few dxf files of spinners that I got from a plasma board. I plan to cut these from colored acrylic when the laser arrives! :D

Attachments

• spinner 4.DXF
    25.8 KB · Views: 25
  • spinner 2.DXF
    30.4 KB · Views: 12
  • spinner 3.DXF
    25.4 KB · Views: 11
  • spinner 1.DXF
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
That is very nice! i printed one out what I keep on my desk, but not nearly as nice to me as one would be made out of wood.

I gotta get out more..I had absolutely no clue what this was...had to do a google search ...lol...but seems like a good design, nice job.

Which bearings are you going to order?

I have some left over from a project that I was going to use to start with. I'll have to see what they are and go from there. They're out in the shop or I'd just tell ya but being as it's 10 till 8pm I'm already in pajamas... :) I'll post some more info when I see what I've got. They were very cheap, like less than a dollar each for sure.

, I think the schools are getting ready to start banning them in school, its driving some teachers wacky. kids aren't paying attention, no focused on anything but that stupid spinner.
Ill probably get my hands on imported ones in a few months for 60 cents each and give them out on Halloween to the kiddies, as long as they aren't frowned upon too much