flag cutting boards

allen levine

without a computer hooked up to router to cut out stars, not sure if this is worth any more effort to make the other 2 I intended.

maple, maple dowels, sapele, purpleheart, simple glue ups, do one, trim up, joint, glue next glue up. used an awl to tap out 50 starter holes, used 5/8 dowel in one, 1/2 in in another.

need some more oil. will attach rubber feet with stainless steel screw on bottom when finished.

Im going to continue making a few more boards, got the drum sander in the garage and out of the shed, so before I put it away, Ill use up some of the purpleheart and sapele I have.

Attachments

• flagboards 004.jpg
    flagboards 004.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 47
  • flagboards 003.jpg
    flagboards 003.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 46
I like those. I have wanted to make the flag board but the stars always stopped me. Your design is a simple alternative.
The only thing is I would hate to use one maybe as wall hanging.
Anyway nice job.
David

Very nice and yes, great for hanging on a wall. Just doesn't seem right to me to take a knife to the Flag no matter what's its made out of.

I doubt anyone would cut on them.
but who knows, I wont make anymore unless a family member or friend asks me too, and then only if I have the wood on hand.

now that the weather is cooperating here, Im debating on whether to get back into turning a bit, since I can feel my fingers again, or start on a larger project, (liquor cabinet for my daughter, with wine rack built in)

Last edited:
finished up these racing stripe boards, good for gifts, easy, fast, quick
its not like the site needs to see more cutting boards, I just don't want anyone to think Im sleeping on the job, in between builds.

Attachments

• racing stripes 002 (Small).JPG
    racing stripes 002 (Small).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 12