SKETCHUP Face Frame Cabinet Tutorial

Dave, if you replace tabs with spaces and line things up in Notepad (or some such), then enclosing the listing in HTML tags seems to do the trick:

HTML:
Quantity     Description           Length(X)     Width(Y)    Thickness(Z)
=========================================================================
 2           Back rail 18           16 1/2"       3"            3/4"
 2           Back rail 24           22 1/2"       3"            3/4"
 1           Bottom Panel 18        23 1/4"      16 1/2"        3/4"
 1           Bottom Panel 24        23 1/4"      22 1/2"        3/4"
 4           Side Panel             35 1/4"      23 1/4"        3/4"
12           corner block            3"           3"            3/4"
 2           face frame rail 18     15"           1 1/2"        3/4"
 2           face frame rail 24     21"           1 1/2"        3/4"
 4           face frame stile       32 1/8"       1 1/2"        3/4"
 1           toe kick 18            16 1/2"       3 1/8"        1/2"
 1           toe kick 24            22 1/2"       3 1/8"        1/2"

what did i miss?

dave i went and put the plugin you offered in the folder and then went to the prefernces folder and saw three that were ther ealready but the new one did nt show up ???? wrong version for the free sketchup6???

That cutlist plugin is powerful!! All the more reason to carefully name the component parts with something meaningful so that when the cutlist prints out it will be easier to decipher.

Question: A couple of the parts printed with approximate sizing, using the "~" symbol in front of the dimension. Why is that?

I downloaded the plug in and moved to the plug in directory. I can see the Generate Cutlist option in the Plug in Menu.

I selected a component (double click) and I can see the dash box around the component. I double click the component again and select the Generate cutlist and got a message "No components Selected. Select Components or Create a Component from your selection. No Cutlist generated."

What I am doing wrong?

:dunno:

Dave, on an earlier post you mentioned something about having a ruby programming to insure proper orientation or alignment of parts when mirroring . . . or some such tool. Can you better explain what that is and where I can get it?

Also, are there other helpful add-ins that an aspiring SU user should have?

I'm not quite clear on that first part. Could you locate what I said and give me a link or quote it?

There are a number of useful scripts out there as well as many that aren't so useful. Whatever you do, don't just download a bunch just for the heck of it. Every script you have installed in the Plugins folder gets installed during startup. the more scripts you have the longer it takes to open SU.

Here are a few that I find worth having. They're in the order of importance.

PurgeAll.rb
bezier.rb
weld.rb
applyto.rb (could this be the one to which I was referring?)
centerpoint.rb
PipeAlongPath.rb
TubeAlongPath.rb

Can you tell us what those do, a brief description? Pleeeaaaasssseeee :D

Hello Dave,

Question about your tutorial. In Scene 8, you "resize the cabinet with the Move tool and Push/Pull." I don't understand what this means. Can you please describe this action?

Thanks,

Brad