Good Firday Morning once again

It's been a awesome couple days hunting my friends farm in Va. Rain has set in back here at the shop. Guys are steady working. No delivery in the shop which is getting full because I've had the Van and it's raining.
My son Jon wants me to bring the Turkey meat up for a cook out tomorrow. Which sounds good to me. So Spending the day with the grand daughter a little more enjoyable then sitting in the woods .

My Wednesday Thursday hunts.
Bird 2 was a quick hunt. 7Am Wednesday morning, 2 came in at 15 yards one took a dirt nap.
Bird 3 : Tagged Out
Morning started pretty quick birds with gobbling right at first light up till 8:30 when I had a bird walking in quiet. I turned the look and I couldn't get a shot cuz he came in behind me. He was 60 yards away through a small Corridor between two fields. Once he passed the corner I sent out a couple of Yelps he gobbled at them but he kept going. At 9 am I took a little walk 400 yards, set down waited till about 10:30 and then went back to the place of my sit first in the morning. I had a feeling he would come in again behind me so I made sure I could turn around without him seeing me I set up next to a horse jump that had a Dead-fall next to it and a big cedar tree so I was pretty well covered for making the awkward move if I needed to. I decided to switch things up a little bit and change from the black African Striker two the Mastodon tip Striker. So I gave out some soft clucks and Yelps and I get a gobble at about 11 o'clock he's about 200 yards away over the Ravine on the other side. This feels sort of shaped like a horseshoe with the Ravine in the middle of it. So I just waited and 11:30 I used to Mastodon again and very Softly Yelp a couple times and left it alone. Write a quarter of 12 I look behind me and here's this Stutter 60 yards out. So I swing around on my left replaced knee bring the gun up so slow and lay it through a small hole and the trees at this point he's starting to walk away so I switched it up to the black African Striker and just for real soft purs his head went up his tail when up and turned. He didn't gobble at all but he did strut I sent out a couple more purs and a cluck and he starts walking towards me he closes to about 40 yards, I know he's super skittish so I dropped the hammer on him right at 12 o'clock noon. The guy's a half mile away thought I was in the next field over from the barn where they were working on the bun but I was a half mile the 3.5 inch 870 Super Mag must send out one heck of a bang. I've got just under 11 inch beard 1 3/8 and one and a half inch spur and he's somewhere around 24 pounds. The spalted maple pot call slate on slate black African Striker and Mastodon tip Striker sure did their job next up for me, heading to Vermont the 14th to hunt.

It's drying up so lawn mowing the jungle. Have grandkids for awhile so may show oldest the shop and see if he has any interest. Resting up from head cold and getting better so all is good. Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Got a sinus/head cold raging yesterday and today. Tomorrow pick up CJ's 4H starter calves and take them to get nose printed, then loading his 4H pig in the back of the trailer and bringing all three animals and grandson home to put the animals in their assigned pens in the barn. Then taking Mom and Dad to their youngest granddaughter's graduation. Sunday, helping CJ halter his calves and brush them. This will be the weekend thing for many weekends to come. Then once school is out, he will be here for a couple of weeks straight to get his pig walking and calves leading well. Good times ahead!!!

Our weekend is off to a stinky start. Walking out on the property I noticed a wet area around the manhole cover over our septic system. Bummer. Supposedly it was pumped out a year ago just before we moved in. Having doubts about that. Trying to track down who serviced it in the past to see if I can get an actual date. In the mean time we have ordered a pumping and a check of the pump (elevated leach field).

Oh well, better now than two weeks from now! :rofl:

Need to get back to the flooring project, so may pull out the dishwasher tonight to get that part done. We're visiting with family tomorrow, but may start taking up tile in the entryway on Sunday. Oh, and doing some drawing on a plane till.

Think I might get a little time today and tomorrow for the shop project build, but probably not much. Day job on Sunday along with a major counseling session with some folks who need to be lovingly reminded they already know what they need to do and then discuss how they might get on with it. Kids are watching their behavior and there is the opportunity to walk the walk. Fun, but intense. In between will be getting things ready so I can spend the entire of next week on a convention where I will be conducting two workshops. The good news is after next week, I am on vacation for two weeks. Some sawdust is planned.

I will get finished up on the shelves for a customer job.

I finally got my friend lined up with a new CNC router so that got ordered

I am still doing research on my windows and siding, hope to be ordering something soon.

Maybe - just maybe I can get back to kitchen remodel. I do have a milestone I want to reach. Should have been there already

Mostly yard work around the house and church. Saturday is Levi Saturday. That's when a bunch of us clean up the inside and outside of the church and grounds. Sunday the 21st is the 275th anniversary of the church and there is a town wide celebration so everything needs to be spruced up. High winds ripped out the flagpole from the facade of the building last week so I've got that in the shop to be fixed for tomorrow. Sunday several of Marilyn's siblings are coming for Sunday dinner.
I'd rather be hunting turkey with Dave :eek::saythat:

Started the morning with a very positive phone interview for a new job I'm hoping to get. The in-person interview will be next week. I've been marginally employed since getting laid off a couple of years ago, so this job would be a nice shot in the arm.

Speaking of arms, later today I have what I expect to be my last visit with the surgeon who put my left elbow back together last December. Things have healed up well, although I'm still about 10 degrees or so away from being able to fully extend my left arm. (The Physical Therapist told me those last few degrees are hard to get back, since I can still do everything I need to do, like lifting stuff.) While I'm there, I'm going to see about scheduling surgery for my right hand. (Google Dupetryn's Contracture.)

The weather here is supposed to be nice (no snow like last weekend), so I'm hoping to get some of the backlogged yard and garden stuff handled. I've got a lot of brush piled up from pruning the fruit trees last winter that needs to go to the dump.

If time (and energy) permits, I'm also planning to do yet another firmware update to my guitar rig. The company that makes it keeps adding new features and amp models to the mix, and then sending out free firmware updates to the owners. This magic black box now has over 250 amp models for me to choose from. Best guitar gear purchase I've ever made. :thumb:

It's trying to be a Winter day today! Stormy yesterday, then the front moved through overnight. After having 90° days, we might get to 68° today! That and 20-30mph winds!!! Anyway, a good day to stay in the shop and work on my daughter's diploma frame.

Saturday might be a mowing day. Recent rain has made the grass grow a lot, so . . . Then, I'll grill a couple of ribeye steaks for dinner!

Sunday: I'll make brunch, then chill out until the Talladega race.

Today is get ready for tomorrow.
Tomorrow is first day back at the Market Square Farmer's Market in Knoxville... weather permitting, hopefully will be lots of folks out shopping.
Sunday, getting over Saturday.

Also have a reception tonight at the Tellico Village Spring Art show that I'm participating in... I'll miss the show tomorrow, but will have pieces there to represent me... Sunday show up for awards (If any) then help with the breakdown.

I was hoping for a restful weekend after last weekend's miserable trip to St. Louis in the pouring rain but alas that isn't to be. I had a decent week in the cup making shop but my little girl has had a cold in her eyes all week and was only able to go to head start yesterday and today. I think she gave the cold to me as I'm getting a scratchy throat, not happy.... Tomorrow is a friend's college graduation and Sunday is a trip to my friend's house for lunch (2 hour drive....) so maybe next weekend!

Goofing off today. Went into Weatherford to get a looksee at the new Academy Sports store that had their grand opening today. Nice. Then ate some pizza for lunch and then the store for bullets, bacon and beans. Now after unloading and making sure the garden was watered gonna kick back with the girl friend and doggies and watch a movie. Probably end up taking a short nap along with it. Nice big soft recliners do that to you.

nothing planned, made 2 pens today and one seam ripper I out of purple heart, not thrilled with the way purple heart turns.
other than a few more pens tomorrow, just getting a bit more depressed about starting my infusions on Monday. I hate that stuff, but without it, I don't think Id be able to make the drive to rennies house so I planned it just right.
the rain finally stopped.

Goofing off today. Went into Weatherford to get a looksee at the new Academy Sports store that had their grand opening today. Nice. Then ate some pizza for lunch and then the store for bullets, bacon and beans. Now after unloading and making sure the garden was watered gonna kick back with the girl friend and doggies and watch a movie. Probably end up taking a short nap along with it. Nice big soft recliners do that to you.

What no tamales??

That's the one thing I miss most about not living in Houston anymore, we used to have a lady come around Dianne's office selling tamales $6 a dozen... My last 10 years at Santini, we had about 100 Mexicans working for us, not one of their wives ever brought tamales around.

We do have a tamale cart at the Knoxville Farmer's Market that starts tomorrow, they are good, but a little heavy on the masa and light on the filling... the two best ones are Thai Chicken and Tinga (Don't know whats in them, but they are tasty)