Ultimate Power Honer

Hmmm, You've got a lathe right?

Seems like you could probably whip something up on the lathe, that you would use on the lathe, that could do the same thing pretty quick and easy...

Well i don't but i do sharpen and hone my carving chisels and i have seen that video before and i have tried a felt honing wheel and frankly i find its too fast and uncontrollable.
For flat bench chisels i can do it on the felt wheel if i want. But seriously i use old school leather honing it does not take long just a few strokes if done regularly after sharpening.
I found on high speed honing like the felt wheels, i rounded over very good edges.

Rob and Jim, this uses maple wheels, not felt. I remember Ken Werner showing me how he hones plane irons using a piece of flat hardwood (or MDF) and the green honing compound from Lee Valey. He gets a great edge.

Hmmm, You've got a lathe right?

Seems like you could probably whip something up on the lathe, that you would use on the lathe, that could do the same thing pretty quick and easy...

Yeah, I can and probably will. Just wondering if anyone had actually used the concept as it looked like it was mostly compound added to a burnishing surface. I've used leather and felt wheels prior, but getting the inside of the gouges and V tools consistently is a bit of a chore.

Thanks all! :wave: