Bigger Jointer.

Bart Leetch

I haven't moved into a shop building yet. But a I ran across this G1018 HW Gizzly 8" Jointer actually I have known about it since it was purchased new & had first chance to buy it if he ever sold it. It belonged to a friend who is going through health problems who has always been a great help to me & I wanted to help him out . Right now I am glad I have a Bobcat to load it into a trailer this sucker is heavy.

My 6" Jointer is already sold. I saved almost $400 over the new jointers, this one has the 65" bed instead of the 72" It will fit into a small shop better.

Attachments

• New Jointer Cabinet 012.jpg
    New Jointer Cabinet 012.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 33
  • G1018 HW.jpg
    G1018 HW.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice Bart! I think you'll really like this upgrade. I currently use a 1980s Delta Rockwell 8" with virtually the same specs. It has served me very well, although I have needed a longer bed many times.

I bought a 16" Oliver jointer last year that I started to restore but haven't brought to completion. Even when the Oliver is up and running I may keep the 8" around just cuz it's a good 'un. I believe I put a 2 hp motor on my 8", and with straight knives it has really helped.

Show us a pic sometime.....with lots of shavings and dust. :D

- Hutch

Last edited:
Very nice Bart! I'm a little jealous, I'll admit.

Those bobcats sure do come in handy for all sorts of things, don't they!