New Laser - Estimated Delivery 5/16/17

I just received the FedEx tracking information for the new toy errr ummm tool!

The company I purchased from on eBay sends their machines from China to their US warehouse and then ships FedEx ground to me. The label has been printed so assuming it leaves their facility on time and the FedEx estimate is correct, it should arrive by the end of the day NEXT TUESDAY! :bliss:

Now I have a set of two 5'x10' gates with coon hunting metal cut scenes to clean up, patina, and powder coat this weekend so I have time to make a space for it in my already cluttered and small workshop!! :eek::rofl:

Ohhh WOW - CONGRATS

Can't wait to see it in place and burning some wood.

Mine is on the ship and visiting ports on the eastern China ports collecting more and more Chinese exports. I should see it in a month or so. It will arrive in New York than get trucked to Boston, where I will pick it up.

I assume you already have a cnc plasma torch table? Good for you Robert, anxious to see its growth potential for your business.

I'm excited also! Yes, I have a 5'x10' CNC table with plasma and router attachments. Lots of new product capabilities for sure. :D

Ohhh WOW - CONGRATS

Can't wait to see it in place and burning some wood.

Mine is on the ship and visiting ports on the eastern China ports collecting more and more Chinese exports. I should see it in a month or so. It will arrive in New York than get trucked to Boston, where I will pick it up.

Yay! Yeah it's a slow boat over but once it arrives stateside it gets a little bit easier!

Well my Chinese friends were pretty crappy at supplying tracking information. The tracking number they gave me was for a 50# package that never got picked up. FedEx arrived today with 2 packages that turned out to be the chiller and the rotary axis so parts are trickling in!! :D I have to go to the dentist this afternoon, I hope the big 400# main package doesn't arrive when I'm not here to run the forklift!!

Here's what we have so far, packaging was done very well so I hope that trend continues for the last piece!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8teWaOC0_CmMzNkUjA3c2VteU0?usp=sharing

Well my Chinese friends were pretty crappy at supplying tracking information. The tracking number they gave me was for a 50# package that never got picked up. FedEx arrived today with 2 packages that turned out to be the chiller and the rotary axis so parts are trickling in!! :D I have to go to the dentist this afternoon, I hope the big 400# main package doesn't arrive when I'm not here to run the forklift!!

Here's what we have so far, packaging was done very well so I hope that trend continues for the last piece!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8teWaOC0_CmMzNkUjA3c2VteU0?usp=sharing

Hey Robert I know you wont like hearing this but dont wast your time with that 3000 chiller it wont cut it for the size machine you have. I had to buy the 5200 here in Missouri and you get hotter their. Not having enough cooling is the fastest way to kill a tube. Oh mine is a 90w

Looks good.

I am pretty sure mine is all in one container and will arrive all on that one container.

I also got the same sort of rotary, but there are different styles.

This is all going to be quite interesting.

I don't have the foggiest idea how to operate it yet.

I guess I better get to learning pretty soon.

Gotta start watching some of those videos.

This is one time I do NOT have a heads up with years of experience.

Hey Robert I know you wont like hearing this but dont wast your time with that 3000 chiller it wont cut it for the size machine you have. I had to buy the 5200 here in Missouri and you get hotter their. Not having enough cooling is the fastest way to kill a tube. Oh mine is a 90w

Yessir, in a previous cursed life I was a refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning contractor for 20 years. I read about these little useless 3000 buggars over on the rdworkslab forum. I'll probably devise a plan with existing refrigeration parts and pieces around here to make a chiller capable of beating the hot temps. Thanks for the heads up tho, you're spot on!

Mine really is a 90 watt and I don't know how much I'll be doing at what power but I'm hoping the radiator fan 3000 will get me started while I engineer a proper solution. :D

As long as it is in an conditioned room you can run it for VERY short times it will always run hot this time of year all the big boys say to set it to 19 to 20 c NEVER let it get above 27 MAX and only for a very short time mine is set at 20. The 3000 would never get below 24c even in Jan and Feb and would rise to 27 after a 20 to 30 min run

As long as it is in an conditioned room you can run it for VERY short times it will always run hot this time of year all the big boys say to set it to 19 to 20 c NEVER let it get above 27 MAX and only for a very short time mine is set at 20. The 3000 would never get below 24c even in Jan and Feb and would rise to 27 after a 20 to 30 min run

Wow 20ºC is only 68ºF and that would pose condensation problems in our area. (You're about 3 hours east of me) The specs on the RECI tube say operating environment and water temperature max is 40ºC or 104ºF but I don't want it to run that hot either. I was going to shoot for 75-80ºF. I had a long, theory laden post over on the rdworkslab forum but can reduce it down to say that to maintain 80ºF with the crappy little 3000 machine running max operating power on the laser, the ambient would have to be below 63ºF and that's just not gonna happen. :rofl:

UPDATE ON ARRIVAL:

My rotary and 'chiller' will be hanging out while the machine is NOT here. I've chatted with the Chinese folks overnight and there is trouble. The tracking information they provided was all wrong from the beginning of the journey from California to Oklahoma. I didn't get the right tracking for the items I received until they arrived..... They were never able to provide a tracking number for the machine itself. Well after extensive, vigorous complaining, she tells me at 4am that it was sent to someone else by mistake and is on its way back to their warehouse and then will be headed to me. Needless to say I'm NOT pleased and let her know as much through eBay. I'm having trouble believing that story so hopefully they get their crap together soon and I get to start playing with this toy!!

Last edited:
I agree Leo, a little inefficient to be shipping part of an order correctly but no the other... hmmm The parts did come regular FedEx while the machine is heavy so comes FedEx Freight.

I just got off the phone with a nice Chinese woman in California who explained their error in better English than my texting on Skype with China. She was polite and apologized profusely, advising that she would have the machine back and ship it out FedEx Freight Priority to me by the end of next week so it looks like I'll be seeing it the first of June or so! Better news than no news I think! :-D

I don't have a problem so much with mistakes. That stuff just happens. It's not what any of us wants, but the value in a mistake is HOW it gets rectified.

That's exactly right Leo! I'm used to dealing with mistakes and flat out incompetency.... All things considered, they handled this very well. When I'd complained loudly enough she had her person here in the US call me. I just texted the person that called me last Friday to see if she would respond to my question about if my machine had shipped out to me yet. She responded in minutes with the FedEx Freight Priority PRO# and I was able to track it. It has been picked up and the listed delivery estimate is Tuesday 5/30!! I won't be surprised if it is delayed a day considering the holiday weekend but at least it's ON THE WAY!! :bliss::crossed:

The eagle has landed!

OK well really the Chinese hunk 'o' tin has arrived. I had a little time to uncrate it and inspect it last night - all looks good so I'll be building a stand, installing the milliammeter, and getting it all set up next! Pictures will follow. :)