Lovely Friday

Ahhhh Friday. Used to look forward to this day with great expectations for the weekend. Now it's just another day to enjoy.
Had hopes of mowing but rain has solved that problem. Now to figure out plan B. Daughter and family around so it will be noisey. Going to BBQ joint tomorrow for Mother's day. Enjoy the sun and family love.

To all mother's enjoy the day.

David

Day job today and part of tomorrow, but I am probably playing hooky tomorrow.

Then 2 weeks of vacation, or stacation as they say. Will not make it to Sunken Wood. I simply do not have that much energy yet. Plan to putter, read fiction, sleep, and generally not be productive. I cannot ever remember needing a vacation as much as this one.

Tonight or tomorrow morning I've got some yard work to knock out. Also thinking about beating out the entry way tile so that I can finish my flooring project, but it may wait another week. Other than that, spending time with the grandson and celebrating mother's day.

Puttering in the shop today to see what gets done. No real rush on anything. Just what gets done gets done. Weather is perfect for smoking a brisket. Too bad I ain't got one. Still might cook something out, anyway. Never know around here. But besides all that sundry stuff, gonna enjoy the day and nice weather.

after having my infusions this week so Im in tip top shape to drive over to rennies, I had to see endocrinologist this morning. Technology today is amazing. He plugged in a quarter sized disc into my arm and it will monitor everything I eat 24/7 and help him adjust my meds. I really don't think things are that bad, my a1c last week was 6.7, which is just about in the normal range, and lets face it, Im anything but normal. He warned me, no more bagels, pizza or pasta. is he kidding me? that's like water air and sleep to me.

anyway, we leave on Wednesday for rennie, hope the weather cooperates, and the sun is shining, really looking forward to seeing all the boys again, and some new faces.(ok, the girls also)

Busy weekend. Took delivery on a new fridge this morning. While the guy was turning on the water supply to the icemaker, the valve broke off and started spraying all over him. Mad scramble to find the water key so I could shut off the water at the street, but we got it handled before it got too bad. Made a trip to Lowe's, then a plumbing supply store, to get a new valve. Got the new valve installed without too much problem. Got everything hooked up, and per the fridge instructions, started to run the water dispenser to purge the air from the lines. I had a good stream of water for about 15 seconds, then nothing. I've verified I've got good flow going to the fridge, and re-installed the internal filter a few times. Still nothing. So I need to call the place I bought it from to get a tech out to look at it. Fortunately, I bought it from a local appliance store that has actual repair techs. Had I bought it from a big box store, they'd be referring me to the manufacturer. Unfortunately, my phone is on the fritz. I can make and receive calls, but I get no sound and the people at the other end of the line hear me. We no longer have a land line, and LOML is at work, so I can't use her phone.

Aside from that, I'm getting my gear all packed up and ready to play a show tonight. It's time for our monthly gig at the Dragonhorn Tavern. This should be a good night with a packed house. One of the local singles groups that likes dancing to our song selection will be having a gathering there tonight, so we'll have them in addition to our regular crowd.

Then bright and early (well, early, maybe not so bright) Saturday morning is Range Day for the practical shooting club I'm in. I predict many paper bad guys will suffer fatal injuries, lol.

Sunday will be a get-together at my sister's house to celebrate the life of my brother-in-law's brother...he recently lost a short battle with cancer. He was a good friend of mine for many decades, and we're all getting together to remember the good times. (He specifically asked for that in lieu of a church service.)

Quick update...the phone's working again. I rebooted it and all is well. But the call to the appliance store will have to wait, since I have too much other stuff to get done this afternoon.

I haven't shot in ages, and last month while visiting florida keys I took the boys(son and daughters boyfriend) to a local range and blasted through 6-7 boxes of 9mm.
we had a blast, makes me want to start going to the range up here again.do they allow fully auto in new mexico?(I know you need the license, Im thinking range rental)

...do they allow fully auto in new mexico?(I know you need the license, Im thinking range rental)

Yep, it's allowed here. The local indoor range rents everything from 9mm Uzis to .50 cal BMGs. I just wrote a long post about it, as well as my shooting club, but when I tried to post it the forum coughed up a 404 error and lost the post. :rolleyes: It's 4:00 AM and I need to get some shut-eye. I'll have to save my stories for a later time. ;)

The family is gathering here for Mothers Day. Saturday is Family day.

The shelves I was working on is all done.
Sunday, I clean the shop and maybe get back to the machine upgrade, making drawers and dovetail attachment for the Osprey.